Chapter 2, Showing a sensitive side

-The next day-

Brooklyn's POV

I was awoken by my husky, Hurricane licking my face telling me to get up, he's either hungry, wants to play or wants his morning walk.

"Morning walk for you, mate." I slowly sat up to stroke him as I adjusted my sleepy eyes on him.

Wait! Did I just say mate?! Oh my god! The British slang is contagious!

I then heard a groan coming from the sofa bed, so I glazed over to Niall seeing him slowly waking up, "Listen Brooky, I can't sleep over tonight." He slowly sat up on the sofa bed to face me.

"Is the sofa bed uncomfortable? You can stay in the guest room tonight." I nervously offered trying to get him to stay whilst he held thoughts back for a few seconds until he pulled a apologetic pout hoping I'll understand what he was gonna say next, "...It's not the sofa bed. I just want to sleep in my own bed. I'm hardly at my own house."

I just lightly nodded taking his words into mind before I faintly replied with, "...I understand."

To ease away from the conversation I grabbed my pillow to throw it across the room at him to declare a pillow fight so he wouldn't suspect anything.

"I declare a pillow fight!" I grew a smug smirk as I grabbed hold of another pillow slowly to give him the chance to make a run for it.

Without a second thought Niall sprinted out the room as I followed swiftly chasing after him. He knows I get right into pillow fights so he runs away.

After about ten minutes we calmed down to have breakfast which was bagels!

It's now time for me to walk Hurricane and for Niall to head back to his house. So I hugged him goodbye before we went our separate ways.

As Niall walked down the road I froze on the side walk staring in the opposite direction... I had to walk past Louis' house.... I really don't want to see him today especially as it's our day off.

I quickly walked past his house to make my way to the park that was near by. Once I sat down on a bench I heard my phone bing in my pocket,

Maybe it's Niall!

My joyous smile was soon crushed once I read over an unexpected message from an unexpected someone...

How did that jerk get my number?! Also why is his name 'Lou boo' in my contacts?! Who the heck been messing with my phone?!

When I sent my reply off I heard someone call my name from the distance, the strong British accent immediately gave away who called me

"Tomlinson." I muttered to myself as I glared up from my phone watching him walk over with his fluffy huge dog.

My joyful smile was brought back once I saw his adorable dog, "your dog is so fluffy and cute." I beamed a smile at them as he hesitated to sit beside me on the bench.