Chapter 3, "Who's James?"

-Recap-

At half time Brooke went off to grab some snacks, at the second she left the room, her phone screen lit up.

"Brooke!" I called as I picked up her phone seeing an message from an unknown number,

Unknown: did you miss me my dear, Brooklyn? Guess who just got out of jail?

*****

"That can't be good." I whispered under my breath to myself.

Maybe this is related to why she was acting on edge. This person must've done something to her.

"Yeah?" I heard Brooke echo through my ears from the kitchen snapping me back out of my thoughts.

"Get me another drink please." I came up a with a response to buy me some time to allow me to break into her phone to delete the message.

"Yes boss." She sarcastically called her answer as I stared at her phone trying to figure out what her passcode could be, maybe it's 1991 as that's the year we were born in.

I immediately got access once I typed in her obvious pin so I went straight to her messages so I could delete the message and block the unknown user - hopefully they won't send another message. After I deleted the message I placed the phone back in it's place like nothing ever happened.

Brooke walked back into the room handing me my drink with her playful attitude, "next time you could make your own drink, I tell Niall to."

"Yeah, but I'm your guest." I slowly took hold the drink to take a sip as she folded her arms rising her eyebrow in observation at me, "I didn't even invite you over, you just invited yourself in."

I immediately rose from the seat as I announced my blunt statement, "I'll leave then."

I swiftly made my way over to her living room door with an incoming smile as I knew what was going to happen in,

3,

2,

1.

"Wait!"

My uncontrollable self satisfied smirk grew wider as I stopped on my tracks at the door once I heard her nervous soft voice say 'wait'

I held back my self satisfied smirk so I could turn around to face her with my clueless reply, "yeah?"

"Well as you're here and we're watching the game, you could stay." She nervously came up with an answer after a slight delay as she gazed away with awkwardness.

As we both sat down to watch the game she deeply sighed softly to herself before she expressed her hesitated request, "...You can stay for dinner too... I got enough for two. I thought Ni was gonna stay over...."

"Great! I can sleep over too." I beamed a cheeky grin at her as I gave her my response so she wouldn't have to awkwardly request, I could see she didn't want to be alone and Niall did tell me she doesn't want to be alone.

I could see the weight just lift off her shoulders as she sat back in the chair displaying relief. She radiated with intense worry and nerves before I gave my offer.

Once the game finished Brooke decided to cook dinner while I flicked through the tv channels until Brooke grabbed my attention when she protested her order from the kitchen, "Louis, you're helping me cook!"

I made my way into the kitchen with my phone sarcastically greeting her with, "you're so nice to your guests."

I made eye contact with her stood at the oven pointing over to the sink telling me to wash my hands, "you'll probably do the same. Now wash your hands."