Chapter 16, Sneaky Bday Trip

-The Next Day-

-24th December 2018-

-Louis and Brooklyn's 27th birthday-

Louis' POV

After Lauren got arrested I stayed out of Brooklyn's way even though I really wanted to apologise and let her know that I wanted to believe her....

But whatever, she has Ashton who has stood by her side unlike me...

The whole family decided to head back down to my London house as Liam wanted us to meet up later on, at first I said no but my family insisted. I felt like it had something to do with my birthday.

Brooklyn's POV

My morning started off with the boys waking me up with them cheerily performing 'happy birthday' I darted my eyes between the boys with an sleepy faint smile to show my appreciation even if I was baffled as I just woke up,

Once it settled I immediately hopped out of bed to give the boys a appreciative hug each, "thanks guys."

"It's your lucky day as you get to spend the day with me! Your favourite person!" Niall squeezed me into another joyful hug which lead us to jump around within our hug like two little kids, "what's in store?!"

Once I realised that it was only us for today I silently pulled out the hug to glance over to the rest of the boys, "why aren't you guys coming?"

"We need a break from you." Liam spoke up for the rest of the boys which caused two different reactions, I playfully rolled my eyes while Ashton lightly whacked Liam's arm knowing he was joking whereas Harry failed to receive the message that it was a joke as he folded his arms at Liam shaking his head in annoyance.

"...I mean, we thought you could spend some time with your amazing best friend." Liam threw a cheeky smile before he forcefully sent Niall over to me which just lead Niall to forcefully shove me into the bathroom being in a rush, "I've got a special day planned, so get ready!"

I just stared at the door that soon unlatched revealing Niall on the other side with my clothes, "you forgot your outfit."

Niall's POV

Once I dumped Brooke's clothes in her hands while she glared at me in bafflement I immediately took Brooke's suitcase into the main room so she wouldn't be able to hear the boys and I talking while I scatter through her suitcase, "she got this rad jacket for Louis, it's got his' name on the back."

"So you're snooping for it?" Liam shoved me out of the way to snoop which soon lead Ashton to budge through to snoop, "Ohh let's see."

"Move out of the way!" I elbowed them out the way so I could get the jacket while Harry stood behind us observing, "she brought him a present? But they're hardly speaking."

Once I grabbed the jacket I turned around to face Harry stating the facts, "Harold, she still cares about him. She brought this awhile ago. She brought it with her because she still cares about him."

Harry was about to say something, but Liam immediately intruded by snatching the jacket out my hands with his amazed eyes, "core where can I get a jacket like that?"

As he glared at the jacket I could see an incoming smirk appear with an idea popping into mine, he soon slowly turned to face Ashton with his wide smirk, "Ash get back into Louis mode, you need to wear it."

"No! She shouldn't know we took this. Liam I need you to give this to Louis saying it's from us. That way he'll wear it." I stated making sure the plan was going to plan.