Chapter 8, "What A Crazy Day"

-The Next Day-

Louis' POV

It's the day that Brooklyn and I have been dreading....

I stood at her front door debating if I should knock until the choice was soon resolved once the door slowly opened revealing a puzzled Brooke glaring at me in wonder with Hurricane attached to his lead, "oh hi? I was about to walk Hurricane..."

Right at the moment where I was going to express my lively good morning greet she slammed the door shut behind her in an instant before grabbing my arm to drag me away from her house. "Shush, Harry is inside.... he's fuming after what you did yesterday."

"Yeah I feel bad about that.... Is Niall still mad at me? I should be mad at him not the other way around!" I stated my annoyance that brewed within while Brooke threw in a light sigh, "he thinks you hurt me."

"I didn't did I?" I breathed out as I took hold of her arm gently stopping her on her tracks seeing how weary she was being, "...No you didn't.... I do need to apologise though..... I'm sorry for yesterday... I'm sorry for calling you a jackass." She confessed her genuine apology as I sent a faint smile accepting her apology until I brought myself to apologise as well, "I'm sorry too... I'm sorry for bad mouthing you to some people yesterday..." I trailed off as I gazed away while she remained locked on me with her invested expression, "who?"

"My 5 Seconds Of Summer mates." I breathed out as I nervously glared down at my feet trying to prevent myself for laughing,

If only she knew I was joking.

I didn't bad mouth her at all.

"You know what, you are a Jackass! C'mon Hurricane let's go." She fired her comment before storming off back to her house with Hurricane.

"Brooke I was joking. I'm sorry. Ask Ashton if you don't believe me." I called out after her while she continued to blank me as she stormed off.

I playfully rolled my eyes as I followed her lead as we're neighbours, I jumped into my car to head off to work,

Once I arrived I sat on the front steps waiting for Brooklyn as she couldn't ignore me at work,

Once she finally pulled up in her brother's car I heard an, "is he serious?" From an annoyed Harry.

"Harold, just leave it okay? It was all a misunderstanding. Louis didn't do anything wrong." Brooke stated her defence while I just wondered how her mood switched, a few mins ago she didn't want to know now she's defending me?

"Do you like him now?" Harry's random question lead Brooklyn to roll her eyes as she muttered her response, "I never said I didn't like him, he can just be annoying but suppose he can be okay some of the time. Don't tell him I said he's okay though."

As she hopped out the car I gazed away pretending that I didn't hear her conversation until my gaze met hers once she stood before me with her folded arms glaring down at me, "I spoke to Ashton, he said you didn't bad mouth me. Why did you joke about that? That's not funny."

I slowly rose from the step keeping my gaze onto her as I explained the reason behind my action, "I know.... I wanted you to loathe me more than before so we wouldn't have to do you-know-what...."

"Louis, I don't hate you... I just dislike you most of the time. Even if we hate each other, that won't affect our script. I also despise that huge change in the script, I mean I have to kiss a jackass -no offence - regardless, our opinion doesn't matter. We're actors. It's our job." She patted my shoulder as she walked past to head inside the film studio facing our fate as I followed her lead continuing the conversation, "no offence taken. I just hope you wouldn't get offended... I have to kiss a little shit."