Chapter 11, "Why Am I Best Friends With You?"

-Recap-

We rested our heads upon the door to catch our breaths once we slammed the door shut,

"Do you think they saw us..." she couldn't finish the sentence, but I know what she was talking about -the kiss- so I replied with , "most probably..."

"Dave is going to fire both of your butts!" Liam gave his snarky smile as he headed over to us while we slowly turned to face one another, "crap!" We both breathed out.

"Don't worry he can't because he needs you both. But that doesn't mean he's isn't livid with you, he is. He wants an valid expansion. Also I don't think you two should be fuming at each other here at work. If you both slip up at work then you'll be led to the door at the end of the filming, meaning you're both out for next season. Please I need you both here so don't slip up!" Liam dropped on his knees pleading for our stay.

So we basically got to keep a civil relationship at work. If we slip up we'll be out on our ear.

"all this fighting isn't worth it. Brooke I can't let you lose your job. You're the main character, you make the show. I'm a singer songwriter. This acting job is just an amazing opportunity. If you get fired it would be hard for you to get hired again as it'll say on our records 'you got fired because you kept having arguments with your colleague which effected your work performance.'" I empathetically whispered in her ear as she slowly nodded in agreement until Dave walked up to us boiling in frustration, "explain yourselves now!"

*****

Brooklyn's POV

Louis and I just sat in Dave's office in pure awkward silence until Louis spoke up his unexpected offer, "Do you want me to take the blame?"

I immediately shook my head for the reply, "it wasn't your fault, it was mine."

"Yeah but you ran out because of me." He stated before Dave came back into the room with his displeased attitude.

"We're behind now, which means we gonna stay longer to get this done. You're not at high school anymore. You're both mature adults, start acting like it!" Dave sat down eyeing us both being frustrated.

As I glared at my hands I felt his eyes locking on me, "Brooklyn, I'm extremely disappointed with you, this is the second time you ran off."

Before I could say anything Louis butted in sticking up for me, "it wasn't Brooklyn's fault. She's having a hard time at the moment. Can't she have a little breather?"

Dave eyed Louis taking his words into consideration until he gazed back over to me, "I do try to be an understanding boss. You're let off this time. You're free to go now Brooklyn. I need to talk to Louis."

I slowly rose from the seat as the hesitation pulled me back, Once I opened the door I saw Liam eavesdropping, "Liam!" I muttered while pushing him away lightly so Dave wouldn't see him.

Once I closed the door behind me Liam stood back in his place to eavesdrop again.

After a few seconds Liam turned to face me gasping out, "he just fired Louis."

After hearing those words my jaw dropped, "what?! Oh my god no! He can't have!" I was about to burst into the room but Liam placed me in front of him as he snickered to himself, "just kidding! Dave is just asking Louis if he wanted stay for another season next year."