Chapter 9

Sorry if there was a lot of update notifications for the last chapter. I updated it once but I guess it glitched

~~

"Do you wanna come over to my house go watch a movie tomorrow?" I asked Frank as I sat down in class.

"I broke up with you," he stated.

"Baby, I know you're scared about hurting me but you won't," I said. "And besides, you've got the blue flames so you can fix me."

"But I can still hurt you," Frank said. "It's best for everyone if you just stay away from me."

"Not for me or for you," I said. "I can barely go a day without seeing you, I would miss you too much. Can we please go and talk about this?"

Frank's fingers began twitching more and he quickly took his bag and left. I followed him to the bathroom, locking the door behind us. I could see the little blue lightning bolts dancing up his neck and arms.

"Are you okay?" I asked, taking a step closer.

"D-don't touch me," He said. "I-I just need a moment."

Frank curled up in the corner and took a few deep breaths while I watched.

"Do you need something?" I asked as the bell rang.

Frank sniffled, leaning his head back against the wall. He just closed his eyes and the bolts slowly began to die down.

"I'm sorry for working you up," I said.

"It's not your fault," he said. "It's my fucking curse."

I sat next to him, holding his hand.

"I don't want to break up with you," I whispered.

Frank looked up at me, his eyes watering.

"I'm gonna hurt you," he mumbled.

"You won't," I denied.

I gave him a soft kiss and he whimpered, kissing back desperately. I tangled my hand into his hair before pulling away, resting my forehead against his.

"I need you," he whispered. "You keep me sane. My curse doesn't seem so bad when I'm around you. But I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't—"

"You can't say that," he interrupted. "I already have. I hurt everyone I touch."

I just kissed him again and he sniffled.

"C-can we go home?" He asked.

I nodded and stood up, holding out my hand. He looked at it a little nervously before taking it and we snuck out of school together. We went to his house up to his room and I smiled, curling up to his side on the bed.

"Hey, I thought I heard you come in, Junior," Ms Iero said when she walked in.

"I'm sorry, there were just too many bolts," he said.

"That's alright, better safe than sorry," she said. "Do you guys want something to eat?"

"Not now, thank you," Frank said.

She smiled and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

"What does your mom do for a living?" I asked. "How does she afford all these houses?"

"Well, my dad is pretty shit but he's also a lawyer so he makes pretty good money and he still pays child support," he said. "And on top of that she does work online, I don't know what exactly but she does."