Chapter 28

Sorry this took a little while, I've been busy

~~

I smiled at Frank, my hand gently rubbing his bare hip. He had a sweet little smile on his face, his eyes glowing.

"I was thinking something," I said softly.

It's been a while since either of us talked and my voice seemed to bring him out of his sleepy, post-sex haze.

"Hm?" Frank hummed.

"I want to get powers too," I said.

Frank sat up and looked down at me.

"That's not possible," he said. "Y-you have to be born with it."

"But what if you don't?" I asked. "We can talk to Pete."

Frank reached over and held my hand.

"You know, it's a huge strain on the body," he said.

"For you It is, no one with one power has the strain, it's only because you've got, like seven," I said. "I'm the only one here without powers, in the odd one out."

"My mom's here now and she doesn't have any," he said.

I sat up and gently cupped his cheek. He smiled, his skin warm with a small blush. I leaned forward and kissed him softly.

"I love you," I whispered.

Frank gave a small giggle, his eyes that glowing yellow-green color that I loved so much. It was my new favorite color.

"Why do you want powers?" He asked.

"I wanna be like you," I said. "And maybe one day we can also have a little baby with powers."

"I may be weird but I can't carry a child," he said.

"I'm not saying that we get pregnant, you dork," I said, rolling my eyes.

"What then?" He asked.

"We could have a surrogate mom, someone else here," I said. "It's awkward to ask now but maybe in a few years once we get to know people here better."

"We're not even married," he said.

"Let's get married," I stated.

"Gerard—"

"I'm serious," I interrupted. "We can get married. I love you so much and I want to be with you forever."

Frank's lips were parted slightly and I waited for a rejection before he broke out into a grin.

"Let's get married," he agreed. 

I giggled and tackled him back against the bed. He giggled as I kissed up his neck before he pushed me away.

"Wait, we need rings and stuff and we need to plan a wedding and need to tell my mom and—"

"Baby, just relax," I interrupted.

Frank stopped and took a deep breath.

"We're gonna get married," he whispered.

I grinned, nodding my head.

"Gonna get married," he repeated.

I kissed his cheek and he giggled.

"I-I wanna," Frank blushed and looked down. "I..."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I wanna get a pretty ring," he mumbled. "One with a pretty gem on it."

"Like a girl's ring?" I asked.