Chapter 11

"Mr. Iero, can you please read the next section aloud?" The teacher asked.

Frank stared at her, blinking a few times.

"Mr. Iero," she repeated.

Frank didn't respond.

"Frank, that's you," I whispered and he looked at me with a small frown. "That's your name."

"Oh fuck, I forgot," he muttered. "Sorry."

Frank read out the section and when he was done he sat shyly and I knew he was embarrassed that he had forgotten his own name. But in his defense, he's only had it for a little while.

"So, my mom and I are going up to my grandma's this weekend and I was wondering if you wanted to come," Frank said. "We're leaving tonight and I know it's a little last minute, I'm sorry but this is a last minute trip."

"Yeah, I would love to go," I said. "I just have to ask my mom."

I drove us home and I went inside to where my mom was.

"Hey, mom, can I go with Frank and his mom to his grandma's tonight?" I asked.

"Is this the boy who moved in down the street?" She asked and I nodded. "You two have been spending a lot of time together lately."

"So, can I go?" I asked.

"Not until I meet his parents," she said.

"Why?" I asked. "His mom's nice."

"I need to meet her first," she stated. "Invite them over for coffee."

"Frank too?" I asked nervously and she nodded.

I bit my lip before going down the street to Frank's.

"Hey, my mom wanted to meet you guys before I can go," I said.

"Oh, um, y-yeah, we can go over for a little," she said

Frank looked panicked and I saw lightning bolts dance over his skin.

"We'll be down there in a minute," she said and I nodded before heading back home.

"They'll be over in a minute but Frank is, like, really shy so he might not talk," I said.

My mom nodded and I anxiously sat by the door until they finally came.

"Mom, this is Frank and his mom," I introduced.

"Linda," Ms. Iero said, holding her hand out.

"I'm Donna," my mom said, shaking it with a smile. "And you're Frank?"

Frank looked at my mom nervously before hiding slightly behind his own mom.

"So, you're going to visit your mom and want Gerard to come?" My mom asked as we sat on the couches.

"Yeah, Frank gets a little lonely there because there isn't much for him to do so he wanted to bring Gerard," Ms. Iero said.

"Where does she live?" My mom asked.

"About an hour down south, near the coast," she said. "We were gonna leave soon and stay until Sunday night."

"Can we go upstairs?" I asked.

She nodded and I went upstairs with Frank.

"You okay?" I asked, holding his hand.

He nodded and I gave him a kiss. I sat on the bed and sighed.

"Should I start packing?" I asked.

"I hope," Frank mumbled.

I looked at him and he looked away with a blush.