Chapter 29

Thanks for 4K followers!

~~

I laid on my back, watching Frank fly around in the sky. Ryan made it a little bit warmer today and everyone was outside and happy. Cleo was making flower chains next to me, teleporting to get new flowers before teleporting back to her original spot.

"One for you and one for frankie," she said, handing me two daisy chains.

"Thank you, Cleo, I love it," I said. "And  I know Frank will too."

She smiled and teleported away to go to her dad.

"Junior," Frank's mom called.

She was still trying to adjust but wasn't doing her best. She still didn't feel very safe here, she wanted to take Frank away to Canada.

"Hey, Gerard," Bert said. "I-I got the stuff, are you sure you want to see this?"

I nodded and sat up.

"Gerard, come on, this is pretty heavy stuff," he said.

I nodded again and he sighed, sitting next to me with the laptop. The video began playing and I bit my lip.

It was a video from my 'funeral.' The whole thing was filmed at the request of my grandpa. He was old and couldn't attend because of being bed-ridden but still wanted to see it. I wanted to see the footage myself.

It immediately showed a small room full of close friends and family, it must've been invite-only. Everyone was silent, there wasn't a single whisper among the crowd. The cameraman moved up the aisle of seats towards the casket. In there was a body that looked somewhat like me, but the facial bruising and cuts made it so it was just distinguishable. My parents would think it was me with just a bruised up face.

Pictures and flowers surrounded the casket and the camera panned around to the crowd. Jamia was sobbing heavily, scratching at her arms. Her mom and older sister were trying to comfort her but it seemed like Jamia didn't even notice they were there.

Mikey stood next to the casket with my parents, all three crying. Mikes didn't even bother wearing his glasses, he'd have to take them off so many times to wipe his eyes that it'd just be pointless. Our family priest began to speak but I didn't listen, just watched everyone's faces.

I shut the laptop, tears running down my cheeks.

"You okay?" Bert asked.

I nodded, turning my back to him. I heard footsteps walk off as I glanced around to find Frank. He wasn't flying anymore and I wasn't sure where he went after his mom called for him. All I knew was that I needed him.

"Gerard?" A soft voice asked. "Wh-What's wrong?"

I looked up at Frank and sniffled.

"They all think I'm dead," I whispered.

He sat beside me and looked at the laptop.

"He showed you?" He asked. "Baby, I told you that you shouldn't have watched your own funeral. Come on, my mom will make us some hot chocolate."

"I need to go see them, Frank," I said.

"W-we can't leave the island, you said so yourself," he whimpered. "It's gonna be okay, Gee. They'll move on."

"I don't want them to move on!" I cried. "I want to hug them and tell them I'm okay."

Frank bit his lip. "We'll find a way to send a message, we'll record a video and have someone sneak it to them. Or we can find a way to send it without it being traceable."