Chapter 27

Been a while sorry. Been in a funk with this fic

~~

The gate opened and Frank screamed. He flew over and tackled his mom in a hug. She groaned, covered in black and blue bruises with her arm at an odd angle. He used the blue flames to heal her completely and she sighed. Frank sobbed, clinging to her tight.

"Baby," Ms. Iero cried. "Baby, oh my sweet Junior."

Frank was a mess as he sobbed, tears and snot covering his face.

"Let me up, Baby, let's go," Ms. Iero said but Frank didn't move. "We gotta let them close the gate, we're in the way."

Frank floated up but didn't let go. He kept his arms around her neck as she got up and walked towards the building.

"I'll show you your room, there's more privacy there," Bert said.

We walked into her apartment where he left us alone.

"Mommy, I missed you," frank sobbed.

"I know, Junior, I missed you too," she whispered. "Come on, get packed up and we'll go."

"I-I like it here, mama," Frank said. "I wanna stay. I like it."

"We can't stay, we don't know these people, they could be tricking you," she said.

"They aren't, they have powers too," Frank said. "Gerard found them. They're so nice. They help me, they're helping me control my powers. Please, mama, I don't wanna go."

She stood up and went back to our room.

"Come on, grab your bags," she said.

"They have powers here too, mama, look," Frank said.

He pulled her to the window and we saw Cleo teleporting around while Brendon used his telekinesis to move some boxes around. She gasped softly as she watched them.

"I'm not alone, Mommy, they're like me," He said.

"They have the curse," she said.

"It's not a curse, mama, they're powers," Frank corrected.

"You've accepted them?" She asked and he nodded. "How have you grown so much? How long has it been?"

"A little while," Frank said. "We missed Christmas together."

"We can have our own Christmas," she said.

"Can we please stay?" Frank begged.

"I-I don't know, Junior, it's supposed to be just us two," she said. "We can go back, maybe go to Canada this time. And Gerard can come too."

"Mama, I like it here," Frank said. "Come meet Bert."

We walked out but Ms. Iero was reluctant, claiming we should stay inside and start packing instead.

"Bert, I want you to meet my mama," Frank said.

"I'm Bert, it's nice to finally meet you," he said.

She looked at his held out hand and held Frank's hand.

"Come on, Junior, we need to leave," she said.

"No, you guys can stay," Bert said. "It's okay, you guys are safe here. I know you probably went through a lot at the military base and I'm sure you don't want to talk about it with me but the boys are safe here and so are you."

He held up his hand and erupted a little flame.

"Your son isn't alone, this is a sanctuary for our kind," he said.