Chapter 17

I yawned as I woke up, curling up with the blanket. I looked over and saw Frank Sleeping peacefully beside me. I smiled, running my fingers over his pale cheek. He didn't wake so I decided to leave him and got up, going to use the toilet and brush my teeth.

I sighed, looking at my phone as I laid back down on the bed waiting for him to wake up. There was a text from my mom, asking me to come back home. I looked at Frank, biting my lip before I grabbed the notepad off his desk.

I had to leave but I didn't want to wake you, I'll text you later x

I set the note down on his phone on his nightstand, kissing his forehead before I went back to my house. My mom was drinking coffee while she made some breakfast.

"Why did I need to come home?" I asked.

"You've just been there a lot, you needed to come home," she said.

"But, mom, Frank is going through a lot right now and I want to be there for him," I said.

"What's he going through?" She asked.

He used to have magic powers but lost them two days ago after drinking cyanide.

"I-it's hard to explain," I said.

My mom waited for me to continue but realized that I wasn't saying more.

"Jamia came by yesterday," she said. "I haven't seen her around here much lately, don't forget about Jamia just because you've gotten a boyfriend."

"I know, I'm not," I denied. "I'm gonna go to her place after lunch."

She nodded and I ate before going up to shower. I sat on my bed doing homework while eating before going over to Jamia's. She was in bed reading a book but it didn't seem like she was really paying attention.

"Hey, lady, it's been too long," I said.

Jamia set the book down, giving me a soft smile. There was a sadness to it, I noticed it immediately.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," she said.

"What?" I repeated, holding her hand.

"I don't know, just been feeling down," she said. "Maybe I just missed you, maybe a little jealous of you and your perfect relationship with Frank."

"You don't have to be jealous," I denied. "You're gonna find a girl that makes you feel like that too."

"How does Frank make you feel?" She asked.

"Like...I'm on a cloud," I mumbled. "It's like I'm on a cloud and um there's that one...that one  Snow Patrol song playing. The really soft one that used to play all the time. Chasing Cars, that's the one. It's like I'm laying on a cloud and that song is playing and Frank is laying there with me and it's just us two laying together and the whole world is gone and everything is perfect."

"Love is like Snow Patrol?" Jamia asked.

"Love is exactly like Snow Patrol," I said. "Love feels like what a Snow Patrol song makes you feel."

She smiled softly, resting her head on my shoulder.

"I want that," she mumbled. "I wanna be on a cloud with Snow Patrol playing."

I looked at her, biting my lip.

"Let's go to the mall," I said. "We'll go shopping for a bit."

"Yeah, that sounds nice," she agreed.

We went out to the car and I drove us over to the mall. We went into one of her favorite stores and she smiled, holding my hand as we walked around.