Chapter 19

I was curled up in Frank's bed, Christmas break already in full swing as we spent all our time together. It was late and I yawned, looking up to see Frank sitting on the edge of the bed. Darkness surrounded us as I sat up, realizing that he was crying

"Frankie? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I-I don't know," he whimpered. "I've never felt this before."

"Felt what?" I asked.

"I'm tired but I'm not sleeping," he said.

"Oh, you're having some trouble falling asleep?" I asked.

"This has never happened," he said. "With my powers I could sleep whenever I wanted. I never had trouble falling asleep."

Powers. Did he actually just call them powers instead of a curse?

"It's okay, just lay down with me," I said.

"N-no, I can't," Frank whimpered. "There's nothing for me to do, there's just so many bad thoughts. All I can do is think."

"Let's put on a movie, maybe that'll help you fall asleep," I said.

Frank sniffled and nodded, moving back up onto the bed with me under the blanket. I put a movie onto the tv, running my fingers through Frank's hair. He was still crying quietly and I sat here wondering what thoughts were running through his head.

I didn't want to ask him about it at all, I didn't want to upset him more. He was probably thinking about the people from the newspaper articles. He shouldn't have to be haunted by all this from the past, he didn't mean to hurt them, Frank is terrified of hurting people.

"Gerard, do you still love me even though you know about what I did?" He asked.

"Of course," I said. "I will never stop loving you, Baby."

Frank nodded, snuggling close to me.

"I love you," I said.

Frank smiled, his hand reaching over to hold mine. I began to doze off and fell asleep, noticing that he was still awake.

In the morning the bed was empty and I frowned in confusion. Frank was never awake before me, he is always sleeping. I stood up and got dressed, going downstairs but frank wasn't there. I bit my lip before going and knocking on the office door, walking in when she said I could.

"Hi, sorry, I was just wondering where Frank was," I said.

"Oh, he's asleep in my bed," she said. "He came in my room to cuddle with me last night."

"Oh, okay," I said.

She smiled, reaching into her purse before she handed me twenty dollars.

"Why don't you get Frank up and go out for breakfast," she said. "Frank was pretty upset last night, I think he would like going out."

"Okay, thank you," I said.

I went up to her bedroom and saw Frank curled up on the bed hugging a pillow while he slept.

"Hey, Baby," I said, resting a hand on his shoulder.

Frank whimpered, yawning and stretching.

"Come on, you wanna go out for breakfast?" I asked.

Frank shook his head, burying his face into the pillow. 

"Why not?" I asked.

Frank just let out a cry, shaking his head.

"What is this?" He cried.

Frank held his head and I looked at him in confusion.

"It's like...it's pounding," he said.