Chapter 1

This is the first chapter of my first book, Alphas Daughter! I hope you all enjoy it!

Please vote and comment! X

****

My stomach let out a ravenous growl and I blushed, desperate for the deep rumbling to silence. I flitted my tired eyes over to the clock, noting that there was only a minute until lunch.

The small, ageing, English teacher continued to drone on in her dull, monotonous voice, however, I had zoned out a while ago. The only thing my mind could focus on was the prospect of food.

I watched the red clock hand slowly tick around the circle.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

It felt like each second was longer than the last.

Tick. Tick.

My eyes were fixed on the clock, glaring at it. Willing the hand to flicker around some more.

Eventually, the minute completed it's full circle and twitched over onto the 12. The piercing high pitched blaring of the school bell finally rang out, jolting me out of my trance.

I focused on the rambunctious ringing that signified that lunch had begun. My stomach let out another deep, famished grumble as I gathered my books and stuffed them into my black leather handbag.

Dashing from my seat, I followed my best friend, Jordan as she stepped out of stuffy classroom and into the crowded halls. I groaned internally. I hated the bustling of rowdy, sweaty teenagers stampeding down the halls.

Ignoring my discomfort, I bounded down the corridor, my trainers scuffing against the worn carpet. We raced to the large dining hall, filled to the brim with hungry staff and students.

Pushing my way through the crowds, I approached the rusted metal serving hatch. A quick smile formed on my lips as the lunch monitor winked at me before I began loading my plate with the delicious smelling food.

I scurried over to the back corner of the room, towards my regular table. "Finally," I groaned in frustration, dropping the plate on the table and taking my seat. "I'm starving."

"Ella, you are always starving." Ryder laughed playfully, taking his seat on the opposite side of the round table. His plate held even more food than mine. He swept his long dark hair out of his face and flashed me a wide, sparkling grin before digging in to his meal.

"Perks of being a werewolf." I shrugged, stuffing a huge forkful of meat into my mouth. Meat feast Monday was my favourite day of the week, the cafeteria served every kind of meat imaginable: chicken, beef, pork and lamb (my favourite). It was all there. Every animal. "You know, I don't know how some of the pack can eat their share raw. Cooked meat tastes so much better."

"Tell me about it," Jordan agreed, stabbing her fork all over the plate, spearing the different meat. Jordan had been my best friend for a few years. My father initially introduced me to her because her wolf was strong and ferocious while her human form lacked the aggression and strength it displayed. She was desperate to gain control of her wolf, due to the fact it often took over and caused havoc in our pack, and I was assigned to help her. We have been inseparable ever since.

"I don't mind raw meat. I'm easy." Ryder shrugged indifferently, almost finishing off his meal already. Ryder was definitely my guy best friend and my oldest friend. We had been raised together and always helped each other grow stronger. His brother was the Beta of our pack, taking over from his father after he died, and my father was the Alpha, which meant we were both trained in leadership and also knew pack secrets that nobody else knew - which came in handy when blackmail was necessary in certain situations.