Chapter 2

I pushed up out of my red plastic seat and marched towards the door the guy left out of. I swung it open and burst into the now deserted hallway, storming after him. Taking long strides, I followed his scent until I reached one of the empty classrooms, completely deserted of staff or students as they had all scurried away to lunch. Behind me, I could hear my friends close by as I thundered into the room.

"Who the hell are you?" I barked gratingly, glowering at the guy in front of me. He had golden chestnut brown hair, kind of a silky wave of caramel. His thick eyebrows were perfectly sculpted to arch over his piercing icy blue eyes, in which were small flecks of green. They gleamed in the light and were sheltered by long, dark eyelashes that curved perfectly.

His skin had a light tan to it and was completely flawless, while his jawline was sharp enough to chisel through diamonds and his full pink lips were upturned into a smirk. His face maintained a steady gaze on me and held an air of authority.

He was sat on one of the small desks, feet easily dragging along the floor due to his height. His bulging muscles stretched his shirt and his sleeves were rolled up, revealing his forearms. He crossed his arms over his chest and watched me burst into the room - my friends trailing in close behind - with an amused look playing on his face.

"I'm Zach," he stated indifferently. His voice was a soft hum, pouring out of his lips effortlessly, however his tone was concise. He offered me one of his large hands but I ignored it, focusing on his eyes, which held the look I despised. It was the look of power and authority, I could read that he knew something I didn't.

I shifted, slightly uncomfortable in his gaze, before continuing. "Well, Zach, you are on my packs territory. I suggest you leave now while you still have both of your legs," I threatened, confidence lacing my tone. I crossed my arms over my chest and stood as straight as I could, showing him I was the one with authority, even though I was still far from his height.

His smirk only grew as I spoke and he tilted his head down to look at me, making my rage grow as I felt inferior. "Why would I leave?" He asked innocently, his eyes sparkling like diamonds while I let out a huff of breath.

"This is our packs territory," I repeated indigently. Every wolf knows that entering another packs territory is dangerous so he must have known the consequences. Was his question just to aggravate me further?

He rose up from the table and took a step forward. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I stood in his large shadow. He towered far above me, easily making me feel minor in his presence. "And what are you going to do?" He stepped closer to me, so that I could feel his breath on me as he spoke. His voice was gentle, yet laced with warning and threat. I refused to step back, allowing him to intimidate me and scowled at his question. I heard Ryder let out a chuckle behind me and felt the corners of my mouth twitch into a smirk. This guy had no idea who he was talking to.

I leaned in so my face was almost against his shoulder. Jeez this guy was tall. My smirk grew slightly as I whispered to him. "Don't push me," I warned, letting off a small warning wave of dominance and he grinned wickedly.

"I wouldn't dare sweetheart." He laughed, flashing his perfectly aligned teeth. I let out a growl under my breath at the new nickname before he continued. "But, you can put your claws away-." He took a seat and swung his feet up onto the desk, smiling at all of us as he spoke. "- I have already spoken with your Alpha."

"You spoke to Alpha Reed?" Alexia gasped behind me while Zach nodded.

"Yep." He smirked mischievously and turned back to me. "So you can stop acting like a cub and throwing a tantrum, sweetheart."

Fury streamed through me as I let out a dominating snarl. Cub? Who did he think he was calling me a cub? The fiery pit of anger burned inside of me as I leaned down to his smug face. "Call me a cub again. I dare you," I threatened, the anger blazing in my eyes.

An amused look spread across his face and it was then that I realized how close we were. My chest was lightly pressing against his, our clothes barely brushing against each other. Yet, I could feel the warmth emitting from his body causing a tremor to run down my spine. His wolfs scent mixed with his cologne danced around my nose, the sweet, masculine concoction melted me right there and then.

He let out a slight huff, which I think was a laugh, but stayed silent nonetheless. A couple of seconds later he continued. "In fact your Alpha was the one that sent me here to register and start school." He winked at me as I silently glowered at him. I could feel my pointed nails piercing through my palms as infuriation stirred inside me.

I turned to see all my friends staring at me in bewilderment and squinted my eyes at him. He simply smiled as we all gazed at him, dumbstruck. Those cold, icy eyes continued to glisten and they stayed directly on me, baring into my soul as he spoke.

"Aren't you a little old for school?" I pried, desperate for any information I could get about this mysterious trespasser. He didn't look any older than the rest of us but his height and build indicated he wasn't a boy, he was most definitely a man.

He let out a small chuckle and folded his hands behind his head, leaning back on them. "Well yes, I am a year older than the rest of you but nobody needs to know that do they." I could detect a hint of a threat as he spoke, his tone was friendly but I knew his age was something that he wanted to remain secret, at least from the teachers. I had to clench my jaw from dropping at his answer, I thought he would be in his twenties based on his large muscles, his stubbled chin, his broad upper body and his intimidating height.

"Why would you want to come to school?" Ryder asked, leaning against a table to the left of me and folding his arms. He raised an eyebrow expectantly, waiting for a response.

Zach glanced at Ryder before turning his attention back to me. "I have my reasons." His expression changed to emotionless for a few seconds, his eyes dulled and his smirk wiped away. He looked extremely serious and when he spoke, the amused, arrogant tone vanished.

"Care to elaborate?" I scowled.

"Nope." His smirk appeared once again and his eyes twinkled back at me. Right now he was the one in control and I hated it.

Before I could ask another question, the clanging bell rang out behind me, signifying the end of lunch. I knew we had to cut the interrogation short as any second now, students and a teacher would file into this classroom. Luckily, this was my next room so I shot Zach one last glare before making my way to the back and taking my seat.

I sat back and watched Zach, he remained still in his plastic chair, fiddling with his pen while he waited for the room to fill. Ryder took his seat in front of me and spun in his chair to face me. "Well?" He demanded and I glanced back at Zach to see him watching us out the corner of his eye.

"He is listening," I grumbled and Zach turned slightly and grinned. "Talk to you later." I nodded and Ryder spun back around to face the front.

As people entered, everyone's eyes were on Zach. I moved my hair away from my ear to hear a group of girls come in. "He's hot," the blonde one said and the two others giggled. I saw Zach smirk and rolled my eyes, knowing he was listening too.

"There is something we don't know." I heard Jordon whisper from the other side of the room where she sat in the front row. I looked over at her to see her long blond waves flowing down her back, her focus remained at the front of the room as she spoke.

"You can bet I am going to find out what," I replied, my voice laced with determination while Jordan turned around to smile at me.