Chapter 25

"Well... you two enjoy the rest of your day." Jordan smiled awkwardly and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks Jord," I replied sarcastically.

"Bye guys," Caroline called as they all stood on my front porch the next morning.

"Bye." Zach waved, closing the door.

"Use protection!" Ryder called just as the door closed. I growled and threw a glass the the door, causing it to shatter and scatter across the floor. "Grouchy." I heard him scoff as he walked away.

I ignored Zach and made my way up the stairs. I stripped the sheets off of his mattress and struggled to drag it back into his room. I barely managed to lift it to put it back on his bed as I was still weak from fighting Jordan. I finally managed to slide it onto his bed and then retrieved some clean sheets and remade his bed.

I then stripped my own bed and replaced the sheets, throwing the dirty ones into the bathroom sink to bleach as there were blood stains from mine and Jordans wounds. I hand washed them to fetch the blood out before throwing them into the washing machine along with the rest of the sheets.

Eventually I managed to roll up the sleeping bags, with much difficulty, and stuff them into their bags before shoving them back into the cupboard. I washed up all the plates and glasses that we had used and put my dads alcohol back into his office, and hoped he wouldn't notice the drastic decrease in the amount of liquid.

Finally, I was faced with the problem that was my carpet. Its pure white colour was now covered in deep red liquid that had dried. I sprayed some water and cleaning liquid and began dabbing at the blood. Eventually, the stain faded slightly and I decided that was enough for now as I was hungry and really bored.

I made my way to the kitchen to see Zach leaning against the counters, staring at me. His icy blue eyes made me shiver as his face remained blank of emotion. I couldn't face him right now so I decided to take the now clean sheets out of the machine and hang them outside to dry.

"Ok, you have avoided me ever since the others left. What's wrong?" He asked from the doorway as I pegged a pillow case onto the line. He stood, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his broad chest. His muscles flexed while he did, causing me to blush as I stared.

"Nothing," I lied, avoiding eye contact as I continued to rummage through the clean washing.

"Don't lie to me sweetheart," he ordered, sending another wave of emotion through me. His soft but firm husky voice made me melt right there on the spot but I couldn't show him he had that effect on me. His head was big enough so I growled in frustration instead of slamming my lips against his.

"Stop calling me that!" I snapped and he smirked.

"Calling you what sweetheart?" He teased, his smirk grew and his eyes danced in with amusement. He tilted his head and he spoke, as if he was trying to figure me out.

"Zach stop it!" I snapped but he just smiled.

"Tell me whats wrong," he instructed, stepping out of the doorway and making his way closer to me as I continued to hang out washing.

"Nothing is wrong, I'm just busy." I struggled to reach the one end of the line and soon felt two hands on mine, peeling the sheet from my grasp. "Thanks," I mumbled as he effortlessly reached the line and hung the sheet up.

"There, now you're done so whats wrong sweetheart?" He held my wrists as he spoke to me. I tried to pull away but my efforts were futile in his strong grip. "Tell me Ella." His voice was now stern and slightly desperate.

"You," I told him and his face instantly fell. Concern washed over his features and the smirk swept off his face and was replaced with a frown.

"What about me?"