Chapter 30

"Well that sucks." Ryder groaned after we filled everyone in later that day. I sat in the corner of the booth, staring at my milkshake, with Zach next to me.

"Pretty much." I shrugged. "It makes sense when you think about it, all the attacks were at you guys and we never even realised. I mean, the wolfsbane on your doorstep, and yours." I said pointing to Alexia and Jordan. "And the fake water." I turned to Ryder. "And someone telling Mason about you." I said to Caroline. "And the fire. All of you were the targets of their attacks."

"What about the cub?" Jordan asked. She had a point, I was upset at the cubs attack but I wasn't close with it. Why did they attack it?

I turned to Zach and looked at him expectantly. "We think they were in the woods, planning an attack on one of you and just took the opportunity while they had it," he explained and we all nodded.

"How did they get onto our territory every time without us smelling the unfamiliar scent?" Blake asked.

"That night that we were walking and you two followed us," he started, looking between me and Ryder, who put on a fake guilty look making me giggle. "We had found a canister in the woods earlier that day that releases a strong scent that smelt like meat. We think they used it to cover their scents. We were looking for more while we walked," he explained.

"The guy in the supermarket, the video, the freaky phone calls. It all makes sense." I shrugged. "They were trying to freak me out."

"Why though?" Lexi asked, "why do they want you?"

Beside me, Zach sighed. "Thats the part we don't know," he answered, causing everyone to frown.

"I'm confused. A group of evil werewolves want to kidnap you and do who knows what..," Mason started.

"Kill me, torture me? I don't really know," I mumbled, trying not to think about it.

"Right, ok. Anyway, evil werewolves are after you and you are just sat here drinking a milkshake?" He questioned.

"Mason, what would you like me to do?" I asked him, my eyebrows raised waiting for a response.

"I don't know, cry, run away, something," he exclaimed.

"She only cries for other people, never herself. And running away would be stupid since they can sniff her out and she wouldn't have the protection of the pack," Ryder explained and I nodded in affirmation.

"So the deal you made with her dad...?" Blake asked Zach.

"He protects me, I protect her," he replied.

"Hence the whole school and living with me and not leaving me alone thing," I joked.

"Yep!" He smirked.

"So do we have some plan here or?" Ryder asked and I shrugged.

"Yeah, we have a plan, you leave the grown ups to sort it," Zach ordered him with a warning look in his eye.

"I don't like your plan," Ryder growled.

"Well, it's Alphas orders so it's how its going to be," Zach retorted.

"So I'm just supposed to leave Ella's safety in your hands?" Ryder snorted.

"Yes."

"Guys, seriously stop," I ordered and they both shut their mouths.

"You know, I honestly don't remember what I did for fun before I hung out with you guys." Mason laughed.

"You laughed at us guys." I scoffed.