Chapter 15

Later that evening, I took a step back and looked at myself in the mirror. Alexia had picked a beautiful laced burgundy crop top and a black mini skater skirt, which I wore over my tights and slipped my black heeled ankle boots on. Jordan arrived a little while before we left and curled my long dark hair so that ringlets cascaded down my back.

I managed to find the most natural false eyelashes Alexia owned and borrowed them for the night and then let her apply some eyeliner. I dabbed on some natural pink lipstick that was maybe a shade darker than my lips, slipped my charm bracelet onto my wrist and put some silver heart shaped earrings in.

Alexia offered to pick us up and arrived at my house at half 7. She jumped out of her car wearing a skin tight black dress. She looked beautiful with the material wrapped around her, drooping off her shoulders and reaching her thighs. Her long brown legs were on show, with her red velvet heels on her feet with both her finger and toenails were painted to match.

"Ready to go?" She asked, striding up the steps with a wide smile on her pale pink lips. Her long golden hair swung behind her.

"Nearly," I told her, "Jordan is upstairs curling her hair."

With a grin, she followed me inside and up the stairs to my room. On my bed, Jordan was sat facing the mirror with a strand of hair spiralling around my curling tongs.

She was wearing a pair of pale blue jeans that made her slim figure appear slightly curvy, she matched the jeans with a white, bandeau top and a small black jacket. She wore white heels and a little makeup.

The three of us stared at ourselves in the mirrors on my wardrobe doors and finally decided we were ready. I grabbed my clutch, stuffing my phone, cash and lipgloss into it before following the girls out the door.

I quickly knocked on the door of the guest room and called to Zach to tell him we were ready before heading downstairs. While Ryder was picking up Blake and Caroline, Lexi chauffeured the rest of us.

My father was waiting at the bottom of the stairs for us, scanning my outfit and then nodding in approval. I rolled my eyes at him. "You look acceptable," he told me with a smile, taking me and kissing my cheek.

"Thanks," I said with an eyeroll, "I shouldn't be back too late," I assured him and he nodded.

I turned away from him in time to see Zach descending the stairs.  Instantly, my eyes fell on his dark jeans and his black muscle shirt that clung to him like a second skin, accentuating his muscles. Dressed all in black, he looked ruggedly handsome and his wild locks added to the look. His sea blue eyes locked on me and the swirl of green and blue captured my own eyes.

Slowly, he shifted his gaze away and I turned to my friends, hoping that they hadn't noticed my legs had turned to jelly from the intense gaze he shot me.

"Bye dad!" I called, knowing it was best to leave now. I was going to need some alcohol in me if I was going to survive this night. We all quickly piled into Alexia's car and made our way to the party, buzzing with excitement.

****

"Not much of a partier?" I asked Zach about half an hour into the party. He had spent the whole time sat at the side of the room watching everyone else have fun.

"Not really," he mumbled as I sat myself down next to him.

"Me neither. I'm only here for the drink." I chuckled and he raised his eyebrows. He held the look my dad gave me if I missed curfew and I couldn't help but scowl. "What?"

"Your dad asked me to make sure you don't drink too much," he admitted, staring at me patiently, awaiting my reaction.

"Oh and let me guess, you are going to do exactly as he says?" I mocked and he rolled his eyes. "You don't strike me as the type to follow the rules." I shrugged.