Chapter 39

Monday morning arrived and I groaned as my blaring alarm interrupted my peaceful slumber. I had slept perfectly for the first time in a while without nightmares about the pack and without replaying the video of my mom dying over and over in my head.

The full moon was tomorrow and I was already buzzed. I loved spending the full moon with my dad and my friends and the pack. Me and my dad were on the best terms after our chat last night. I couldn't stop replaying his words in my head. Like an Alpha.

I rolled over and hit my alarm, silencing it instantly before I swung my legs over the side of the bed and dragged myself to my feet. I headed straight to the bathroom where I peeled my shirt off to reveal two small pin sized holes in my side. I was relieved to see that the gaping wounds had healed dramatically overnight. I stripped my pyjamas shorts off as well before hopping in the shower.

The warm water cascaded over me, washing away all the blood and grime from yesterday. The blood washing away from my wound was like a waterfall of red, splashing down the side of my leg and pooling on the shower floor. I stared as I saw it all swirl around the plug hole. A mass of burgundy mess, circling round and round and round.

Once I was clean, I dried off and quickly blow dried my hair. I slipped into a pair of jeans and a jumper before pinning my hair back and making my way downstairs.

"Morning," I said chirpily.

"Morning Honey," my dad replied from the kitchen. I strolled in and took my place on one of the bar stools before turning to see Zach. He was sat at the dining table next to a suitcase. A suitcase.

"Whats that?" I asked pointing to it. My heart hammered in my chest as Zach and my dad shared a glance.

"I am going away for the week, honey," my dad explained casually while my eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"What!" I exclaimed angrily.

"I don't want to but it's important. I am meeting with the Alpha of another pack and am going to try and get their help with protecting you," he explained.

"What if they come while you are gone?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I doubt they will, but if they do I will come right back and you will be just fine," he assured me.

"Dad, please don't go."

"Honey, I need you to be strong ok?" He asked.

I hesitated for a second and swallowed the lump forming in my throat. How could I be strong when we were under attack, I was the main target and the Alpha who happened to be my dad wouldn't be here?

"Ok," I mumbled and he kissed my forehead.

"Bye Ella," he whispered as he hugged me tightly. He turned to Zach and shook his hand. "Please look after my daughter," he requested.

"Will do," Zach replied bluntly and with that, my dad left. I slumped into the chair and pushed my omlette around the plate for a while. I had suddenly lost my appetite. I let out a sigh and rested my chin on my hand. "Are you ok sweetheart?" I felt his breath on the back of my neck as his hands trailed up and down my arms before locking around my waist.

I leant my head back onto his chest and he buried my face in my neck. "No," I replied gloomily and I felt him sigh against my neck. He began planting gentle kisses but right then, not even his touch made me feel any better.

"I'm still here," he reminded me, pulling away from my neck and resting his chin on my head.

"I know," I murmured, continuing to push my food around the plate with my fork.

"And we have the house to ourselves," he whispered huskily and I rolled my eyes. I could practically hear the smirk appearing on his face as he spoke.

"Zach, I'm serious," I moaned exasperatedly.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." He pressed his lips on my head and held my hands in his. I felt him step away and suddenly the cold air brushed over my skin and I longed for his touch. I whined at the lack of contact and he laughed as he sat on the stool next to me and pulled me over onto his lap.

He wrapped an arm back around my waist, holding me firmly on his lap while the other reached for my fork. He grabbed the fork and stabbed a piece of omelette before swooping the fork over to my sealed lips. "Open," he instructed but I shook my head, not having the slightest appetite at the moment. "Ella, don't make me force feed you," he warned but I kept my lips pursed.

"Ella, open or face the consequences," he said, more in a seductive tone than a threatening one but I could tell he was daring me. I kept my lips completely sealed until he placed the fork back onto the plate. He pushed me off his lap but kept a hold on me as he also stood up. He then placed his hands either side of me, caging me in as my back slammed against the counter.

He leaned down so his lips were against my ear, his hot breath fanning against the inside of my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I squirmed slightly as he spoke in a low growl, "don't make me ask you again." He pulled back and looked me in the eye, the daring look present on his face and goosebumps arose on my skin.

He reached to the plate beside me and grabbed the fork once again, never taking his piercing blue eyes off me. He pressed it against my lips and raised an eyebrow as he waited. I rolled my eyes slightly before parting my lips and taking a bite of the omelette. A smirk played on Zach's lips as he continued to feed me my breakfast.

Once I had finished he leant back to the same ear. His hands found my back and he gently ran his fingers up and down my spine, sending tingles around my body. "Good girl," he whispered before gliding his tongue down my neck and gently pulling on the nape of my neck with his teeth. He trailed his kisses back up my neck and to my jaw before finally claiming my lips with his own.

When he finally pulled away, he smirked at me before grasping my hands tightly. "We have school," he stated bluntly and he dropped my hands and turned to walk away. I found myself frozen in my place, desperate for him to come back, longing for another kiss or another touch. My whole body tingled and trembled with every touch and my lips ached for his own to be interlocked with them.