Chapter 10

THANK YOU ALL!! Thanks for reading, voting, and adding this story to there reading list. It means so much to me, you have no idea. Here, you go folks, Chapter 10!
This chapter is dedicated to xshadesoflife who has been reading this book from the beginning. Thanks for all the love and support.

*This chapter contains some mature content near the end*

Bella's POV

I was really hoping Ryan would ignore the cut and hand print. But luck is just never on my side. It never has been.

I began taking orders, nervously waiting for Ryan to get back. The amount of sweat in my palms began to increase.

"Hey, um, are you Bella?" A guy asked me when I placed his beer in front of him.

"Yeah."

"Ah, you're the girl Ryan's always talking about," the man said, smriking.

Aw. . .Ryan was talking about me? How sweet.

Then the doors opened - and though I was terrified to turn my head and see who was there, I couldn't help be sneak a peek.

Ryan and Nicole. Hm. Wasn't quite expecting her, but I guess that's a bonus.

"Hey, Bell!" Nicole said, hugging me. "Haven't seen you in awhile."

"Yeah, you know, homework and stuff. . ." I said, looking down.

"Oh- I understand!"

Ryan awkwardly stood there, listening to me and Nicole's weird conversation, then decided to pitch in.

"Bella, can I see you for a sec?"

"Of course," I replied, walking for his office.

He grabbed my wrist, spinning me around.

"We don't have to talk there, here is just fine," he added.

"Okay, but we have to speak low, since Nicole is right there."

He nodded his head. "So, your mom. . ."

"She's gone," I whispered. I didn't know what else to do but look down at my feet. Because what else could I do? Clearly, looking at his eyes wasn't going to help. To much tension.

"Right, right, sorry, I'm an ass - anyway, your step mom, Katherine, had a little incident, and she's. . .gone?" He asked with slight question in his voice.

"Okay, is that all you had to say?"

"Well, yes, but do you want to know why?"

"Shoot."

"Me of course. She came on to me, and then I shot her. Bitch," Ryan said the last part under his breath.

"Well, thanks, I guess," was I could say in response.

"You're okay with that?" He asked, looking up at me.

"Absolutely," I said, placing my hand in my pocket.

"Oh."

"Anything else you wanted to say?" I asked, curious.

"Um. . ." Ryan thought.

He heard a noise and turned around, and cursed under his breath at the sight he was seeing.

"Ryan? Is everything okay?" I questioned.

"Yeah, be right back."

I had no idea what was going on, but I went back to serving tables.

I overheard a conversation.