Chapter 18

WARNING: THERE ARE UPCOMING SCENES OF SUBJECTS SUCH AS RAPE. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THOSE TOPICS, YOU MAY SKIP THIS CHAPTER. MY APOLOGZIES. (Thx ShadoRocke for warning me about that lol) ENJOY THE CHAPTER! :)

Bella's POV

"What's up?" Nicole asked me as we walked down the sidewalk. Her hands were in her pockets.

"There was an accident with Ryan, and Cameron . . . And this whole thing . . . And long story short, Ryan is in a coma!" I yelled, a tear spilling out of my eye.

"What? He's in a coma? What happened, and for how long will he be in a coma?"

"Cameron shot him. And the doctors say 6 months at the least, but sometimes it can take up to a year!" I said.

"Oh my God, this is horrible! I can't believe he is actually in a coma . . ." Nicole stated before looking away. "Wait a second . . ."

"What?" I asked.

"I know how this happened."

***

"Nicole, would you please tell me what you're doing?" I asked as she dialed a number on the phone.

"Don't worry, I'll explain it all to you in a minute."

She put the phone up to her ear and waited patiently for someone to answer.

Finally, she spoke.

"Yeah, hey, it's Nicole."

"Did you plan that out?"

" . . . Because thanks to YOU he's in a coma!"

"That's not funny, stop laughing!"

"You know, Cameron might be dead, too. And if she is dead then you won't have anymore fucktoys, are someone you can use to put OTHER PEOPLE IN COMAS!"

"UGH, you make me sick!" She yelled angrily before smashing the ohone back on its stand.

"Tell me everything," I begged. Nicole licked her lips, ready to inform me.

"It was Martin," she said. "He planned everything out."

"What? He would do that to his own brother?" I questioned, biting my lip. I bit my lip so hard I could taste the stream of blood.

"They've always been at competition against each other. Quite frankly, I don't even know why. But they're so competitive they wouldn't even hesitate to kill." I shivered at what Nicole had said. Why would they ever, ever want to kill each other? Sure, I've always been pissed at my dad but I'd never KILL him! Thats insanity.

"Oh wow. Now what do we do?" I asked Nicole.

She thought for a moment. "I think we should go find Martin and talk to him about this."

"Talk to him? No, he wants to kill me!!" I yelled.

"No, don't worry, I'll protect you. You know me better than that." She looked in the drawer of Ryan's house, the one under the phone stand.

She grabbed a pistol from the drawer and gave it to me.

"What? No, I can't take this! I don't even know how to use a gun!" I yelled.

"Just hold tightly and pull the trigger," she said to me before pulling out a pocket knife from the drawer and putting it in her belt.

"I refuse to hold a damn gun, Nicole," I said with venom in my voice.

"Who gives a shit! You need this to protect yourself," Nicole said matter-of-factly.

She grabbed my hand, pulled me out of Ryan's house, and into the car.

"What if he shoots me? Will I die?" I asked Nicole worriedly.

"He won't shoot you, I promise! I know him well, he's my cousin, and he definitely won't shoot a girl."

"But would he shoot her if he knew that the girl loved Ryan and Ryan loved the girl?" I asked.

"W-what?" She stuttered.

"I mean . . . I'm not in love with Ryan. I'm just kidding with you. I promise!" I yelled awkwardly.

"You'd better. Because if you and my brother were . . ." I stopped her in mid sentence. "Nicole, I don't like Ryan, okay?" I cringed at my words.

"Okay," she said quietly. She turned left onto a different street. Her speed was crazy.

"Whoa, slow down!" I screamed, holding into the door.

"Its fine, Bell. The cops in this town know Ryan. There's nothing wrong here."

Nicole pushed down on the brakes fiercely, and when I looked up, I saw the same trashy place that Martin took me to when he kidnapped me.

"Oh shit . . ." I muttered under my breath as I pulled out my weapon.

"What?" Nicole asked me, grabbing my arm. She seemed seriously worried.

"This was where Martin took me when he kidnapped me. This is his spot?"

"Yes. It's where he and his gang meet up." Nicole looked as if it didn't matter.

"Oh Lord. I think I'm gonna faint," I said, placing my hand on my forehead.

"Come on, Bella! You have to help me with this. I can't do it alone," Nicole pleaded. Her face looked like she needed me to be there. Hell, she was my friend. I couldn't leave her hanging; not after everything she'd already done for me. And I suppose I'd have to tell her about Ryan and I soon . . .

"Please," she said one more time.

I looked at the shack, and then back at her. "Lets do this," I said, grabbing my gun. I still didn't know how to use it, but I had to look confident.

"Oh thank you, Bella," Nicole told me. We exited the car and headed for the trashy shack. She opened the door and we were blinded by the darkness.

There was a presence . . . It definitely wasn't a good one. My anxiety grew even faster.

"Nicole, I'm scared . . ." I whispered. She entered the building quietly. I freaked out, but followed her anyways. I heard a scratching sound, and then light.

She lit a match.

We walked forward even more and were led to another door. When she opened it, we were met with Martin. He was sitting on a chair, fucking some little girl. She looked maybe 15.

He smacked her face, thrusting harder into her.

He was raping her.

"Martin!" Nicole screaming, throwing a rock at him. Where the hell had that come from?

He pushed the girl off of him and grabbed some clothes to throw onto himself. The girl looked beaten, hurt, sick. I wanted to help her.

"What the hell do you want?" He asked angrily. Nicole pulled out her gun and aimed it at Martin.

"To end you."

------------------
I dropped my pencil and I'm too lazy to grab it :(

Ok guys, well here is an update. Btw the next chapter will have new, important characters so I was thinking if some of my fans would like to be in the story just comment your name and I'll put you in :)

See ya next time!

xx
CloudiLynn