Chapter 20

There is a mentioning of rape in this chapter, but no graphic detailing if it. Just thought I'd warn you.

Daisy's POV

I shivered, pulling my blanket across my body. Charlie took off his jacket and handed it to me. "Here you go, Daisy."

Charlie was the sweetest, kindest boy I'd ever met. He'd been my best friend since I was 3. He's always been great to me. And secretly, I have had a crush on him. I have since I was 10! But I've always been afraid to tell him because I think he doesn't like me back. And I can't accept rejection. It makes me hurt . . . Broken.

"Thank you, Charlie," I said calmly. After a short silence, I pulled a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Are you guys in a gang?" Charlie asked the older girl, the one driving the car.

"I'm not in a gang, no. I'm like the girlfriend to the leader of a gang. I had no idea when I met him that he was a gangleader. I didn't even know we'd end up together!" She exclaimed.

Charlie looked at me for the slightest second and smiled. Was he implying that we would end up together and we just didn't know it?

"But, anyway, I guess I should start explaining myself. I'm Bella, 17 almost 18, and I've pretty much been abused my entire life." She looked sad for a moment. I wanted to hug her.

"But, anyway, I've pretty much been through hell. I was hoping that I'd be able to leave the hell and enter a heaven, but with Ryan . . . It's a mix." She bit her lip.

"Ryan is my heaven. But what he's involved in . . . That's my hell. He sends hell with me where ever I go."

"Then why don't you just leave him?" Charlie asked Bella. It was a reasonable question, but she sounded like she truly loved him.
"Because, like I said, he's also my heaven. I don't want to go a day without him. But right now he's in a coma! How the hell am I supposed to live without him?"

"Visit him everyday," I suggested. "He might be in a coma, but at least you can still see him."

"You're right," Bella said, placing her hand on her face. She looked frusterated, but calm at the same time. "Just right."

All I heard from then was silence. It was silence until all the way home.

I thought about the day I went missing - two months ago. My grandma was probably worried, on the first day. But if I weren't there to take care of her, then she might not have gotten her pills. And she might have forgotten about me.

I lived with my grandma, yes; my mom died when I was born, and my dad was in jail. Yeah, I know, its a pretty sad childhood, but once I heard Bella's childhood, mine was nothing in comparison.
I didn't really have any friends except Charlie. At school, kids would always make fun of the two of us because we were different. We were both poor. We came to school every day in our trashy clothes and dirty bodies. We couldn't really afford showers.

But that didn't really matter to me, because all I needed was Charlie and my grandma and my life was perfectly fine. Those were the two I truly cared about in all my life.

Then came the day I was kidnapped. Charlie and I were at my house, playing Uno, when we heard knocks on the door.

I opened the door to see three men. Large, scary men. The ones I'd seen in my nightmares. I'd feared them for the longest time. The one in the middle asked me if I'd wanted any candy. He held a jar of jelly beans in his right hand. He told me a jar was $2.95.

"No thank you," I said, attempting to shut the door. I was unsuccessful. The man in the middle stopped it with his foot, lunged forward and attacked me.
He managed to throw a blind fold around my eyes.

The other two fought Charlie. Charlie was short and thin, there was no way he'd have any luck of escaping.

I'd been thrown into unconsciousness. Before I knew it, I was awaken by a slap on my cheek.

The next two months were total torture.

I was beaten every single day. I was raped, as well. Damnit, life was hell for me! And Charlie was forced to sit and watched. He threw up every time he watched me get beaten and raped.

And when I'd seen the man (I had still yet to know his name) get killed, bursts of fireworks lit inside me. I'd never been so happy of something in my life.

An both Charlie and I were nervous to ask the question: Why do we have to be in your gang?

I still had to check on my grandma! She was the other half if my world, I needed to know she was alive.

I was totally okay with being in this little "gang," as long as I lived with my grandma. And if I had the risk of being killed, I didn't want in either. I was innocent up until the point if my kidnapping. If someone had asked me to be in their gang before I was kidnapped, I would have totally rejected them.

And don't get me wrong - Bella seemed nice, and I really wanted to help, but . . .

"Do we have the option of not being in your gang?" Charlie interrupted my thoughts. If he didn't want to, then I wasn't going to either - whether I wanted it or not. I went with Charlie no matter what.

"Well, I promise you won't be put in any danger. I was just thinking you could help out with some favors and what not. Is that okay?" She asked.

Charlie looked over at me and sighed, as if asking with his eyes if it was okay. "Yeah, that'll be fine."

"Well, we're here," Bella said. I jumped out of the car - still in a jacket and blankets - and saw the largest, most beautiful house I'd ever seen in my entire life.

I'm going to live here?

-------------------
Hehe this is a two-in-one update. I love those lmao.

Anyway, in this short chapter, you got to learn about Daisy.

And thanks for 900 reads! It means a lot to me, it really does. Anywho, help share this story, pleaseeeee :)

VOTE!!!

xx
CloudiLynn