Chapter 4 - The Crown Prince Hidden Secret

Imperial Palace of Xian Dynasty

Xiang Qing Point of View

Xiang Qing together with Minister Cheng is inside the Imperial palace study room. They need to plan his marriage to Fa Mu Lan. He doesn't understand his late father request. Inside he is fuming to Fa Mu Lan family because he is sure the Minister plans it all. Before his father died on his bed Minister Cheng is the last person he talks with. He is sure Minister Cheng coax to his father to marry him to his son. Fa Cheng is the prime minister of the Kingdom he is the 3rd person in command, in his mind the minister wants more power. Why else does the minister want to marry him to his son? If the marriage is not under the dying decree of the late Emperor he can stop it right now. But his father wrote it under his last decree so he cannot do anything about it. If the Minister wants more power he will give him by marrying his son, but he will make sure that Fa Mu Lan will suffer under this marriage. If the father is ambitious for sure the sons as well, an apple will bear fruit for an apple. Their family is already in great influence because of Fa Jun Lan is the General in command and Fa Cheng is the prime minister, now they want also somebody on the Imperial Family. Xian Qing is determined to watch every move of the Fa Family.

(But the Crown Prince doesn't know that the Minister doesn't have anything about the Decree. The late Emperor even on his last breath didn't talk to anybody about his dream. He always calls for Minster Cheng presence because the Emperor trusts the minister about the Kingdom. He knows the Minister didn't do anything wrong under his leadership. That is why it is very easy for him to decide on marrying the Crown Prince to his second son.)

"Minister Fa Cheng, are you ready to accept the late Emperor Decree?" a middle-aged woman who sat in her throne asks, the Empress.

"You're Majesty Empress Wei I have no right to decline the Emperor Decree but this humble servant of yours think it will be better if you choose another girl, my second child is a boy that we raise as a girl it will only give disgrace on your Majesty's name." humbly said by Fa Mu Lan father.

The Crown Prince smirks upon hearing the Minister's statement. "Don't pretend you don't like it I know that you plan it all." He said to himself.

The beautiful Empress sigh, "Minister Cheng the decree only said to marry the Crown Prince to your second child it doesn't say if your second child is a boy the marriage will not goes through." The Empress also doesn't agree on marrying his son to a male bride but he cannot do anything about it. Her husband is a great Emperor he thought over it before he decided.

"Minister Cheng don't you want to marry your son with me?" he said with a hidden smirk.

The minister is shocked to hear it from the Crown Prince. "Your majesty Empress Wei and Crown Prince Qing I only think my son is not capable enough to be part of the Imperial Family. It is not my intention to insult the Crown Prince" the Minister humbly said.

"Don't pretend, you cunning old man you plan it all and I know you only want to get the sympathy of my mother" he wants to shout it on the old man's face but he stops his self because he wants to execute his plan to Fa Mu Lan. He needs to show his good side to his soon to be father-in-law so they will not suspect what will happen to their son.

The Empress only smile to Minister Cheng. "Don't say something like that Minister Cheng; you deserved it because you are our faithful subject until now. We will be so grateful if you can be a part of our family." The Empress tells his Minister and added "I heard that your son is so smart and so kind. He is also beautiful that even me is excited to see him. I hope you will not get angry but as soon as I got the decree of my late husband I investigate about your son and I was surprised by what I have learned. All people adore him so much, believe me, Minister Cheng your daughter or son is so capable to join the Imperial Family."