Chapter 13 - The Hard Headed Consort

Xian Qing Point Of View

I woke up with something warm inside my embrace. The smell is so heavenly too. I hug my consort tightly. Loving the feeling of his bare back against my chest. 

I want to apologize to him because I know I hurt him badly last night. Why did I act like that? I myself don't know also. What I knew is I got angry that my consort smiled at another man.  Yes, I am jealous of my consort. I am jealous that he is smiling at my brother but not me. He even blushes when my brother teased him. And to top it all he accompanies him to the gate. What? My brother doesn't know the way out without him?

They really tested my patience last night. My Consort paid it at a high price. That is his punishment for smiling at another man. For showing his beautiful self to another man.

My Consort is so addicting I lose my sanity last night. I hurt him badly and I want to apologize. But I cannot, being the Emperor apologizing to your subject is one of the things you cannot do. The Emperor never apologize for the things he made.

I feel him move slightly "Are you awake now?" I ask him. He didn't answer "I need to take a bath, let's do it together."

"My Emperor, can you do it alone? I don't know if I can walk, my whole body is feeling sore." he softly said.

I sigh and stand up, I put some underpants put the blanket over Consort's body and carry him going to the bathhouse while his eyes are still close. The bathtub is already prepared by my servants.  I put My Consort inside and sit at his back I let him lean his back on my chest.

"Are you hurt? How do you feel now?" I ask him.

"My Emperor do you need to ask?" he asks softly eyes still close. "I don't know if I can go to the hospital today. Maybe I just drink medicinal soup to ease the pain." he murmured the last sentence.

I frown at him "What will you do to the hospital?"

"I am helping there" he lazily answered as if every word giving him a hard time.

I put my finger to his chin and slightly turn his face at me, that makes him open his beautiful eyes. "Who told you that you can go there? You will not be going there anymore."

As if my word slap him hard he woke up from his sleepy self his eyes open widely. "What do you mean My Emperor?"

"You are not allowed to go there anymore?" I answered simply.

 He opens and closes and open and close again his mouth. "B-But... but Emperor Qing the people need my help. We are lacking on herbalist in the public hospital right now," he said with a worried face.

I feel irritated that he is more concern to other people than me. "And what? You will tire yourself again?"

He just pouts at me and looks down. He has a very sad face that will make you feel sad also.