Chapter 7 - The Gentleman in Disguise

Xian Qing Point Of View

Today is the day I will meet the woman in disguise, the impostor, I heard he is a beautiful man for a lady, that is what my mother the Empress said but for me, a man is a man. This is the first time I am hearing a man marrying a male bride and worse it is me. How lucky can I get?

"My Imperial Mother I agree to this marriage but can I have a request also?" I ask my mother sitting beside me.

We are now in her pavilion waiting for Minister Cheng and his family. I ask my mother to meet early because I want to discuss some matter with her.

My mother looked at me "Yes Crown Prince what do wish to tell your mother?"

"I will marry Fa Mu Lan but giving him the title of my Empress can we delay it for a moment?" I told her, you can see in his face that she is wondering. "My Imperial Mother the decree of my father only says to marry Fa Mu Lan but it never said he will be my Empress as well. Is it too much to ask of me if I am able to choose my own Empress?" I reason for her before she can speak. 

"I will never accept that woman in disguise in my life. I have more plans for him; his family will regret that they agree to marry him to me." I tell to myself.

My mother seems thinking about it.

"I think that would be reasonable my son, but please take care of him as according to my investigation Fa Mu Lan is a gem that our Imperial Family need to treasure." She said after a while.

I smiled at what she said, but inside how come my mother only tells good things about him? Did Minister Cheng poison the mind of my mother also as he did to my father? That Minister is very greed on power. I will see to it that his son will suffer on it.

After a few minutes, the Eunuch announced the coming of the Fa Family.

The family enters the pavilion, Minister Cheng bowed and kneels in front of us together with his wife Fa Liu, General Fa Jun Lan and a Lady wearing a veil.

Fa Liu is such a beauty that if you ask me honestly she is more beautiful than my Imperial Mother. Even at her age, you will see the beauty she possesses. General Fa Jun Lan seems to look different at me, I can't figure it out.

"Empress Wei, Crown Prince Qing meet my family. This is my Wife Liu, as you may know, my son General Jun Lan and my daughter Mu Lan." introduces by Minister Cheng.

I scrunch my forehead, why is Fa Mu Lan wearing a veil?

"Minister Cheng I am so glad to meet your family" said by my mother. "Please sit down and enjoy our tea and snacks."

"Minister Cheng I am wondering why Fa Mu Lan is wearing a veil in front of the Imperial Family? Is that an insult for us not showing his face?" I said to everybody's shocked. Even my mother is shocked by what I said.