Chapter 11 - The True Color

Xian Qing Point Of View

Imperial Palace Hall

"Minister Cheng, how was the palace when I was gone?" I ask the Prime Minister. I was in the South Border for almost three months because of the bandits. 

I personally settle it on my own, the bandits have no rights on my land. I killed all of them and destroy their hideout. I ask for all my minister for a meeting the moment I come back I want to know what happened in the palace in the three months I am not here.

"Your Majesty for weeks now there is an outbreak in the Kingdom, cold and fever affected the children and I receive a report this morning that some adults are now affected also" the Prime Minister report while bowing.

"May I know what action did you make?" I ask him.

"Your Majesty all the herbalist and doctors are doing their best but the medicinal herb stacks are getting low" he answered me. "The budget also of the public hospital is almost draining now and we are only in the quarter of this year."

I look at the Left Minister "Minister Teng what happens to the budget? You are the head of the Finance Department why there is no budget for the health of the people?" I'm looking at him directly but he averts his eyes suddenly.

"His Highness Emperor I will look on to it and I will make the report after" the Left Minister nervously reply.

"I will wait for your report tomorrow morning about that," I tell him with finality.

We discuss all the maters in the palace and ask all the reports to my Ministers. I am getting tired already not only because I came from the southern border but because I am sensing there are corrupt ministers that I need to investigate.

In the middle of our meeting, my eunuch comes inside the palace hall "Your Majesty please pardon me on disturbing your meeting. There is some message for Minister Cheng from his household" Eunuch Bin said.

"What happens to his household?" I ask him.

"The daughter of the Prime Minister your Consort your Majesty collapsed going to their house, the messenger said he was so sick" my eunuch reported. 

My Consort? Fa Mu Lan? What happens to him? Why is that guy always collapsing? He is such a weak man.

Before I can ask my eunuch again the Prime Minister beat me to it.

"What happened to my daughter?" the Prime Minister asks in panic "Your Majesty may I have my excuse now? Please allow me to go home and attend to my daughter."

"You have my permission" I allowed him to go and dismiss all the Ministers to end the meeting. When all of them are gone "Eunuch Bin what happen to the Consort?"