Chapter 21 - The Siblings

Xian Qing Point Of View

After all the time that has passed, I still find myself missing you every minute of each hour, each hour in a day, every single day of each week, every week of the month, and every month of the year. That is how I miss you, Mu Lan.

If I had a flower for every time I think about you and how much I miss you, then I would be walking forever in an endless garden. That is what on my mind every time I see a flower. You are the most beautiful flower I saw in all the gardens I visit.

"Please come back to me, Mu Lan."  That is what I always pray before I close my eyes at night if I am lucky to have some sleep.

Sleepless night all those five years.

Every day I always visit your wing just to smell your unique scent. Its always give me a smile just to see your kitchen because it always reminds me how ethereal you look like cooking food for me.

Sometimes I look crazy sleeping on your bed hugging some of your dress. For me, your dress inside my embrace feels like you are sleeping hugging me back. I am getting crazy every night. When would be all of this will end. 

"I need you to be with me, please come back Mu Lan."

"Jia how is my Little Princess?" I ask the servant in charge of taking care of my daughter Mu Mei.

Princess Mu Mei is my daughter from Concubine Lang. She was four years old now going to five. 

Concubine Lang is already dead. She was executed for trying to kill my daughter. She was devastated when she gave birth to a baby girl. 

The thing is if she gave birth to a boy she will be spared from her death sentence and will be throw in the cold palace because she will be the mother of the possible emperor in the future.