Chapter 47 - The Voice Of An Angel

Xian Qing Point Of View

"How dare that bug to wage a war on us. He will know today why this Kingdom was fearsome of all." I said angrily the moment my eunuch told me about that insect. "Prepare the third and fifth battalion. That is enough for their pathetic army."

Then a hand touches my arm and base on the gentleness of it I am sure my wife will try to stop me on killing those bugs.

"Qing can you just talk to Crown Prince Tongzi first before you eliminate them." He said when I avert my eyes on him. "Maybe he has reasons why he is doing this."

"What reason he has? We did everything for Mu Lian and the past can never be changed so it is in his stupid mind to wage a war just because what happened to our son." I calmly said since Mu Lian pops his head on the half-opened door. 

Mu Lian was all smiled on us showing his pearly white teeth. Getting older he really looks like his mother. Maybe because he is always with Mu Lan that is why everyone is telling them they look the same. Magically my children's facial feature somehow getting closer to my beloved Empress.

With that smile, everyone will melt in a second, so angelic and refreshing. With him and Mu Lan, the room gets brighter than before. 

Mu Lian is the best thing that will gonna happen to anyone and the bug of a prince lose a big opportunity rejecting him. 

"Fùqīn (Father)?" She asked with that radiating smile.

"Little Mu Lian your Imperial Father will go to the western border gate because of some rats need to remove there. Stay with your Imperial Mother today and help him in the hospital." I told him kneeling to his level. "Mu Mei need to learn how to read and write today so she cannot come with you."

Mu Lian looks up to my wife and smiles when the Empress give him one.

He picks up our son and looks at me in the eye. "Do not do any unnecessary actions today. You know they will not attack our Kingdom since we have an agreement and they are on our side. Maybe Prince Tongzhi had his reasons doing it so please handle it without any violence." He repeats what he said before. The ever kind person he is looking on the kindest side of a person even though they are the evilest. "I believed he is smart enough to wage a war to our Kingdom."

Giving him a kiss on the forehead and Mu Lian as well since he pointed his forehead also I replied: "I cannot promise it Mu Lan but I will do my best not terminate any rats and insect today so that you will have a peaceful mind. For you, I will do my best."

While Mu Lian still on his arms they accompanied me going out of the palace. 

A quarter of the army is waiting for me outside the palace gate. That will be enough to eliminate those rats.