Chapter 16 - The Agony Of The Broken Heart

Fa Mu Lan Point of View

Emptiness, that was what I am feeling right now. Last night is different from the other night something happens between us. My body betrayed me last night, it seems I am starting to like it. Am I really enjoying be the play toy of the Emperor? The feeling is surreal, being a toy is one thing but enjoying being a toy is a lot worse. What kind of life am I going to?

Looking to something I don't really see anything that is my state right now. I feel like I'm a library book. I've been used, tossed around, and put down. I'm just waiting for someone who thinks I'm good enough to keep. And that someone is the Emperor.

"Consort Mu Lan the bath is ready now," Xi Men says after a minute of silence.

"Is the Emperor woke up?" I ask her.

"The Emperor is still sleeping Consort Mu Lan," she said.

She comes near me and helps me to stand up and walk, like what she did earlier when I woke up to have difficulties to walk. The Emperor did some damage to my body again. I have an aching back and muscle pain.

Walking into the room I start waking up the Emperor "Your Highness it's time to wake up now" I said. When I don't get any reaction I touch his exposed hands, his body is under the blanket but I know he is not wearing anything underneath.

He moves slowly so I pull my hand away, his hand movement seems like he is searching for something. When his hands didn't feel what he is looking for he open his eyes and look on the side of my bed when he didn't see me he look anywhere and he sit up. "Mu Lan what did I tell you before?" he asks with a raspy voice which makes my heart beat fast.

"That I need to stay with you on the bed until you wake up." I replied but reason out "But your Emperor I need to go to the bathroom that is why I didn't wake you up."

"If you want to go to bathroom why you didn't wake me up?" he said looking lazily at me. "Sit here," he said patting the space between his legs.

Sitting slowly I got nervous, I hope the Emperor is not planning to ravage me again I am is still in pain. "You Highness we need to take the bath now. I need to cook for our breakfast" I informed him to scape the coming pain.

But he asks me instead "How is your body right now?" he hugs me from the back and put his chin on my shoulder.

"I feel my body ache and my back is killing me" I answered testing his reaction when I get nothing I continue. "My Emperor, what happen to you last night? Did I do something wrong?"

"You don't know what you did?" he asks. when I shake my head indicating I don't know really he frowns. 

Panicking I answered him this time "Prince Ming and Prince Zhen are only joking. We are just friends."