Chapter 44 - The Pledge Wife

Xian Qing Point Of View

Finally, the love of my life is already inside my embrace and sleeping peacefully. How I miss his scent and soft body.

Sniffing on his hair I smell flowers which always wondered me on how he smelled a blossoming flower every time. 

That aroma coming from him is so addicting that in weeks we are not together I refused to change the bedding and pillow covers of our bed so that his scent will all over me while sleeping. It helps me find my short sleep at that time.

It is all my fault I know now. Looking at his wrist the fading bruises and scars from what I did is still evident although it happens weeks ago.

My inner beast came out and punish him for making him jealous of my Brother Yuan. The huge mistake I made to let it out. The beast inside me ravaged him and let him suffer under us.

That night he said he loves my cousin Yuan...

"Your jealousy makes your thinking out of ordinary Qing. Don't accuse my Brother Yu of getting interested in me. He had a love interest and I will find that lady to put a sense on her remotely not working mind." Mu Lan told me which I snorted at him.

"You are so naive on your surrounding" I murmured that sounds like I am gurgling. 

He continued and said: "Who would reject my Brother Yu? He is a good catch for a man."

I was shocked at what he said I sit up on my side of the bed and look at him accusingly.

"Mu Lan, are you cheating on me?" I said my eyes full of anger. "Do you have a feeling for Yuan? How do you feel about him?" My voice is very low almost whispering but I know he can feel the displeasure on what I am saying.