Chapter 24 - The One More Chance

Xian Qing Point of View

It has been three days since I left Mu Mei in their house. I cannot get the perfect timing to show myself. According to the guards, Mu Lan is very fond to my daughter. The little devil is using her charms to her mother, and the victim is willing to be victimized.

His parents are not there, they are still in the Ting Palace and will be coming back before sunset.

Looking from behind the tree a little far from their house I see his beautiful self, helping on the farm with my daughter clinging to her. They are in the mud helping to plant the seedlings of the rice.

My son is not far away from them doing the same thing. They look happy at what they are doing. 

He is so beautiful with the ethereal aura that even the dirt of mud cannot tarnish his beauty. My daughter is playing instead of helping and my wife is looking at her constantly probably concerned she will get hurt.

You will see how he acts that he was very charmed by my daughter. Not looking anywhere other than the location of my family I didn't see the figure coming towards me.

"Emperor Qing, what are you doing in our farmland?" Jun Lan spoke suddenly that made me startled.

No showing my shocked I tell him "I'm here to visit my family."

"Who are your family exactly Emperor Qing?" he seriously asked not even showing glad to meet his Emperor.

Averting my eyes to him from my family I answered him. "Of course my wife and my kids." I cannot read what on his mind but one thing is for sure he was not happy to see me in their land. "I will take what is mine and you can't stop me."