Chapter 8

• Levi •

We arrive at the bus station 5 minutes earlier than planned. I rush getting off my bike and look around. I spot the creep almost immediately. The man looks bad, greasy hair, beer belly and old, dirty clothes that needed a wash, like 3 years ago. He is pacing in front of the public bathroom. I look over my shoulder and see Jaded and Irish getting off their bikes. 

"Don't get involved" I basically order them. They look taken aback but before they can respond, I step towards the pacing man. When I get close enough I hear the man mumbling something, making him even more creepier then he was from a distance. 

"Hey" I shout, making the creep look up. Without warning, I knock him out with fist to his temple. Stepping over his now unconscious body, I walk towards the public bathroom. " HARU, you can come out now."

After only a couple of seconds, my best friend walks out. She looks good, all things considered. Haru is Asian, making her tiny as fuck. Her hair is styled in a  bob cut right now and for once it's her natural hair color, black. The only thing that makes her different from most Asians are her striking, piercing, cold blue eyes that make you wonder if she can look into your soul. Haru is a beautiful woman, but that's the reason why she was chosen by Sir in the first place.

When she is close enough, she looks over my shoulder and stares at the fat man on the ground. "Nice" she grins, hugging me. 

"Didn't see the need to talk to him." I explain but knowing Haru, she doesn't really need it. I take in my best friend now that she is closer and let out a sight.

"Which one are you?" Haru looks up to me and grins a evil grin. Great. 

Haru, like me, has a fucked up, shattered mind. But while I become detached from everything, numbing everything out, she tries to escape from reality. I think the fancy name is "Dissociative Identity Disorder" or DID. I haven't really looked into it, but it was weird seeing my best friends personality change from time to time, so I looked it up. She has 3 different personalities and unlike normal cases, or so i've read, remembers what she does when she is a different person. 

"Who is the hot fella over there? The big, grumpy one?" She asks me when i'm spaced out. I catch her licking her lips, running her eyes up and down at the man that is standing a couple feet away. 

 I look over my shoulder but I don't really have too. I know which one she is talking about. "Jaded, one of my brothers men." 

"You found your brother? Is he hot?" I shake my head, wondering if it's a good idea to bring her with me when she is like this. Dark, Light and Grey is what I call her personalities. Dark is the hardest to handle; aggressive, sexual, unpredictable, hard, mean, sneaky. 

Grey I like the best because she is a mixture of both Light and Dark. Confident, loyal, brave, smart, funny but still sexual, mean when needed and a little hard around the edges. 

Light is quiet, almost mute, scared of everything that moves. Always hiding in some dark corner. The personality that needs protection. Light is probably Haru's broken part, the part of her soul that was damaged by Sir.

"Haru, please don't jump him. We need to go home and I really don't want to wait in the middle of nowhere so you can fuck some guy in a public bathroom."  "I can fuck him on his bike, no problem."

I decide to ignore her and walk back to my bike. "Everything good?" Irish asks me. I nod and half turn so I can introduce Haru. 

" This is Haru, my best friend. She basically got fired from her job and came looking for me."

"Hello" Haru purrs, still looking at Jaded. And Jaded still looks like he wants to put a gun in his mouth. Poor guy. 

"Get on my bike" I tell Haru, leaving no room for arguments. Haru nods and I see a change in her eyes. Now that i'm here, she doesn't need to protect herself. She whimpers a little, her shoulders tense and I see her crawl into herself.

"Fuck" I mumble and take her hand carefully. "Come on" 

Haru trembles and looks up at Irish and Jaded. I can see that they are confused by the sudden change but I give them a look that tells them not to ask. "Do you mind sleeping in my room, at least for tonight?" I ask Haru when she positions herself behind me on my bike, grabbing me tight as humanly possible. I feel her nod as I start the engine of my bike. "Good" 

••••••

Short, I know. I wasn't planning to write anything today but I can't sleep, like always. 

Please leave a comment! Thank you for reading!