Chapter 27

• Levi •

Levi

Why do I keep waking up in this position?  Once again my body is smothered against Mayhem. His warmth making me melt into him more, loving the feel of him. I groan, wanting to fall back asleep but also wanting to enjoy this feeling a little more before having to do shit. 

I know I have to meet my brother after breakfast, because he wanted to go to the shooting range.  I grin to myself, exited to kick my brothers ass. Not that i'm a person tho hold grudges or anything, definitely not, but I can't wait to see his face when I beat his ass. 

Strong arms tighten around me and a very manly growl follows, giving me annoying tingles all over my body. "I know you are awake" Mayhem grumbles. I laugh softly and try to make my way out of his hold.

"Stop moving" he orders, throwing a leg over mine to pin me to the bed even more. "Stop, I have to meet my brother soon." Even when I say this, I secretly love the hardship he seems to have to let me go. 

"No" Mayhem denies, making me want to laugh louder. Who knew he could be so adorable? "Mayhem, come on. He will look for me if I don't show up." I try to reason with him, hoping he will listen to me so I can take a shower. 

Slowly, his arms loosen and I get up, knowing a grin of victory is evident on my face. "I wouldn't look so smug if I were you" Mayhem says when he looks up at me with one eye open. A dangerous grin forms on his face, sending a shiver down my spine. 

I jump out of my bed and actually, like a little fucking girl, stick my tongue out. 

Mayhem lets out a deep chuckle before pushing his face back into the pillow, while I stand there, horrified by my own actions. Why the fuck am I acting like a little 5 year old, sticking my tongue out to him? 

I shake my head and race to the shower. I throw the little clothes I have on on the grey tiled floor and step under the ice cold sprays of water. I want to bang my head against the tile wall, but know I would probably wake up everyone in the building. 

I wash my body, letting my mind drift off to anything but Mayhem and step out. I grab at towel and dry my body in quick swipes. Wrapping the towel around me, I walk to the sink to brush my teeth. 

After spitting out the remaining toothpaste, I look in the mirror, noticing that my eyes actually look different from my normal dead ones. There is a spark of life in there, my skin looks healthier and I actually seem to have put on some weight. 

I don't look like the same as the girl who walked into this building months ago and if i'm honest to myself, i'm scared of that. One of the things my life taught me, is that all good things come to an end, one way or the other. 

••••••••••

After avoiding Mayhems grabby hand, I make my way down to the kitchen.