Chapter 23

• Levi •

• Levi •

This lockdown situation is getting on my nerves and it has only been one week. I slowly take a sip of my beer while look at the bikers that are once again, partying their ass off. Haru and Vicky are sitting next to me, expressing the same kind of boredom as I am. 

Over the week Vicky has become a good friend to us and we hang out together most of the time. Like us, she is a weird soul and had her own fair of shit in her life. We haven't shared much, but it's easy to see someone struggle from time to time.

"I will seriously kill myself if I have to stay indoors for a second longer" Haru mumbles to herself. "Depressive much" Vicky chuckles, but nods anyway. "I know the feeling, i've been in a lockdown to many times to count. You get used to it, I guess" she adds.

I groan and watch Mario spank a woman on her ass when she walks by. Classy. 

I find Mayhem sitting next to my brother, talking about god knows what with a serious expression on both their faces. Tension is ridding high at the moment. I don't really know what is going on, since Mayhem won't tell me, but I have a feeling nothing is going as planned. 

I've been asking Saw to fix a spot in one of the stripper clubs so Haru can dance but he told me time and time again that she had to wait until this lockdown was over, much to Haru's frustration. 

I wouldn't let her dance in the bar when the brothers were around, worried they would start to bother her. Luckily, she understood my decision and didn't dance when they were around.

Just when I take the last sip of my beer, my phone pings. I set the empt bottle on the bar and fish my phone out of my jacket.

RT: Where are you?

I smile, earning me a glance from Haru. "Who is it?" she asks curiously. "RT" I say. "Really! What does he want! It's been ages!"  Haru almost squeals. 

RT is the other Doll who survived that faithful night. We don't stay in contact much and we weren't together for a long time after our escape, but he was like a brother to us. He was bigger build and 17 when we escaped. Because of his cold attitude, we were left alone when we were on the streets. 

Levi: Nevada, why?

RT: Got something that might interest you. Haru with you?

Levi: Yeah? 

RT: It's about Sir.

My heart stops beating. I look at Haru who was reading with me over my shoulder. I watch as her face locks down completely, probably matching my own. 

"Upstairs." I stand up without waiting for a reply and walk upstairs. I know Mayhem is watching me, I feel his piercing gaze on my back, but I ignore him. Right now I have to know what RT has to tell me. I can talk to Mayhem afterwards.