Chapter 9

• Levi •

I take Haru straight to my room when we get to the compound. Ignoring everyone around me, including my brother and father, I get up the stairs. Haru is holding onto my arm in a death grip, shaking.

I slam the door behind me, using my foot and lead Haru towards my bed. "Don't worry, you're safe. You know I would never let anyone hurt you again" Haru looks up at me and after a couple of silent minutes, her eyes change and her body starts to relax. 

"I hate when that happens." Haru falls down on my bed and looks at the ceiling. She has turned Grey. Which is good.

"Thanks for being my friend Levi." I snicker in response "You're the only person who would understand me. Like I would want to lose you" I tell her. "Where is your shit? Did you just take the bus here without taking anything?" 

Haru shrugs and moves her head off the mattress so she can look at me. "I don't have anything valuable anyway. Why waste energy on that."

"Uhm. Maybe clothes? You plan to walk around here naked? Not a good idea if you ask me." Haru laughs a soft laugh and gets up, sitting crossed legged on my bed. "You can lend me some of your clothes. I have enough money to buy my own clothes, so we can shopping tomorrow."

I frown, she knows I hate shopping. "Are you trying to piss me off?" "I like to tease you from time to time so yes, got a problem with that?"

I hold my hands up in defeat, I should have known. "Fine, we will go shopping tomorrow."

"Thanks, love ya" I just grunt in response and enter the bathroom. "Use my toothbrush and everything else"

"Oh, like old times, how exciting." I let out a chuckle, normal people might find it gross to share a toothbrush, but after a life of rat filled cells, dirty floors and garbage dinners, I could't care less about shit like germs. 

I brush my teeth and then hand my toothbrush to Haru, who had come in after me to take a shower. When Haru is brushing her teeth I lean back against the wall. Thin white lines are covering the back of my best friend, almost identical to mine. Only mine are bigger, nastier and uglier looking no doubt. "Stop looking at me, I get shy" Haru jokes and I smile. "Liar."

Someone knocks on my door and I look at Haru through the mirror. "Stay here" I tell her. After she nods I exit the bathroom and close the door of the bathroom. Leaving some room away from my door I answer. "What?" 

"We need to talk" Great. My brother probably talked to my cute bodyguards and now wants answers.  I had  hoped this could wait for tomorrow, it's already 2 AM and i'm tired.