Chapter 26

• Mayhem •

Mayhem

In the corner of my eye I see Pierce walk into the dim lighted room. "You're late" I growl lowly, irritated for waiting longer than I had to. 

This week has been one fucking shit show. A brother died, Cig was shot and we still have no idea who the fuck we pissed of enough to fuck with us like this. Even Sherlock, who has drowned himself into his work since this started, has come up with nothing. 

We can all see him suffering under the pressure, but like the rest of us, he can't let this go. He is the youngest patched in member in the club and even though no one says it, we are protective of him. 

"We had some, problems." I look at Pierce with a scowl. "And we don't? We are the ones getting attacked and we both know you are probably the reason for it." 

Pierce snaps his finger to the bodyguard that is standing on his right. Soon after the man hands him a cigar that comes out of some fancy ass silver box and offers Pierce a light. I watch with disinterest as Pierce slowly blows the smoke into the room, a thoughtful look on his face.

"After your first encounter at the mall, I had my men look around, see if they can find something you guys might've missed. I didn't find any connection until 3 days ago, when that little shootout took place." I lean back in the leather chair and raise an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. 

After inhaling from his cigar, Pierce leans forward. Anger starts to show on his usual poker face. "After some little digging, I was able to identify one of the men you shot at that shoot out. Turns out he is one of the commanders of my dear younger brother. Well, half brother, to be specific."

"Fantastic, a family spat." "If you could call it that" Pierce shrugged. "Why the fuck are we dragging into that shit?" I can feel myself getting angry, brothers of mine died for this shit, shit that we had nothing to do with. I know it's fucking hypocritical for me to say, people in our world died all the time for no reason at all, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But they were my brothers, and no matter what, we avenge them.

"You see, my brother and I never saw eye to eye. My father couldn't really keep his hands to himself so of course, he had some illegitimate children, bastards. My brother, for some idiotic reason, thought it was his place to take over my fathers business when he retired. As you know, that doesn't really work in our world. I'm the oldest son and not only that, i'm not a bastard like my little brother. Yuri, my little brother walked away the moment I took over and started his own little business. I kept an eye out on him, of course."

I chuckle darkly "Of course? Apparently he has been fucking with us for months. You aren't doing a good job when keeping an eye on him." Pierce glares at me, but decides to let the comment slide. 

"Yes, I can see that. Yuri is smart, so he found a way to compromise my business without involving himself. That's where those little bikers come from. Your little hacker wasn't able to find anything because they didn't leave a paper trial."