Stronger Than You Think

"Skylar come on open the door!!" Q was yelling up to her 2 story window as he rang her buzzer over and over again.

After Joe had finished screaming at the two of them and stormed off, Skylar snuck out quickly afterwards. Q had to stay and do the show that was originally planned minus Joe but cut it short, much to Bryan's dismay.   Throughout the show Q kept texting Skylar but she was completely ignoring him. Once the show wrapped he booked it to her apartment uptown.

"Skylar I'm not leaving until you talk to me!" She heard him yell. After Joe freaked out on the two of them the only thing on her mind was to get out of there was quickly as possible. She wasn't blaming him for being so upset, she knew what they were doing was wrong since the very beginning. Skylar had been crying since the cab ride home and was currently laying on top of her bed a sobbing mess. She knew things weren't even finished and were going to get worse before they got better. All she could think about was how she may have ruined her relationship with Bessy and Joe forever and Q's friendship with them seemed to be doomed as well. Her mind then drifted to work, if Joe didn't want her working on the show anymore then she wouldn't finish her internship which meant she wouldn't be graduating this year.

Downstairs on the curb Q was starting to attract attention with all his yelling but he didn't care. "Skylar please, open the door!"

She realized there was no getting rid of him so she had no choice but to let him in. Q jumped as soon as he heard the buzzer to the front door  sound and quickly pulled the unlocked door open and booked it up two sets of stairs. She was waiting for him at the top standing in her doorway. "What happened to you? You just took off." He asked when he saw her.

"We knew this was gonna happen..." she said sadly, fortunately she didn't think she had any tears left to cry. "We pushed our luck too far and now what's gonna happen?"

"I don't know. I'm sure it will all blow over. He can't stay mad forever." Q answered not sure if he was trying to convince Skylar or convince himself. If he was being honest he had never seen Joe this furious in his life. The fact that Joe actually resulted in a physical approach was still shocking to Q.

"What if he doesn't?" Skylar asked.

"I'm not sure." Q answered hanging his head in defeat. All he could do was hope for the best.
_____________________________

It had been three days since Joe found out. Joe had called out on Monday with very little reasoning why. Everyone found this to be very odd since after all these seasons, Joe never once called out. Producers were running around the office trying to reschedule the week since everything was going to be set back now.

Saturday night at Skylar's apartment, Q had left without even going inside. He just wanted to check on her and make sure that she was okay. She had explained to him the concern she had over losing this internship and it effecting graduating on time. Q assured her that he would do everything he could to make sure that didn't happen.

Tuesday morning was a normal day for the IJ crew. A challenge was set to be filmed at Carnegie deli later in the afternoon around lunchtime. Camera crews were already there setting up so it was just some writers, assistants, and the Jokers at the office. Skylar was by the copy machine getting release forms ready for today when Joe came through the glass doors. He hadn't been in contact with anyone besides the short text he sent yesterday saying he wouldn't be in. Joe headed straight for Q who was talking to Murr and Casey. "My office now." He said with a sharp tone to his voice that confused just about everyone standing within ear shot.

Skylar quickly stopped her task and went to follow when Joe snapped at her, "Alone."

Q made sure to not make eye contact with anyone and followed Joe without saying a word. When the door closed behind them everyone looked at each other all wondering what was the matter, why did Joe look so upset, and what did Skylar have to do with it.