Fun Little Game

"I'm not understanding!" Brian yelled into the phone. "Yeah you're damn I'm frustrated Lewis! How haven't you found him yet?! It's been over a month! Skylar's life has been turned upside down because of this asshole."

Brian paused as he listened to Detective Lewis explain that these things can sometimes take time. "We'll find him Quinn, I promise."

"You better pray you find him before I do!" Brian yelled before hanging up completely annoyed.

Brian let out a deep breath. "That about Skylar's case?" Joe asked not being able to ignore and had to ease drop.

"He hasn't been back to Sapphire yet." Brian sighed rolling his shoulders to relieve the tension building.

"His apartment?" Joe asked.

"They have an officer sitting there too. Nothing." Brian answered. He then rolled his eyes when his phone rang again thinking it was Lewis calling back but when he saw her name he smiled.

"Hey baby." He answered.

"So I was at the grocery store and when I was in the cereal aisle something really weird happened." She began.

Brian laughed to himself that Skylar seemed so excited about something that she didn't even bother to say hi. He was on a 4 day trip with the Jokers doing some promotional stuff and a couple shows, which also made it the longest he had been away from her since her accident.

"Did we ever have a fight there?" She asked.

"Do you remember that?" He asked.

"We did didn't we?!" She exclaimed. "It was over plans that night or something?"

"Yeah, you wanted to meet up with a friend from class and her boyfriend for dinner and I said I was tired and just wanted to go home." Brian said recalling the argument they had while trying to decide between fruit loop or coco puffs.

"I stormed off to the car right?" She asked.

"You did, while mumbling under your breath what a jerk off I was." Brian laughed answering the question. "Then we went back to the house and I banged the shit outta ya until you forgave me." He added then laughed harder when he saw the dirty look Joe was shooting his way.

"I remember that! I was wearing that white sweater with the rhinestones around the collar, right?" She asked getting so excited that Brian was validating this memory for her.

"Oh baby I'm a guy, I don't remember the color of your shirt...I could tell you what color panties you were wearing probably." He teased.

"Do you fucking mind?!" Joe shouted still in earshot of the conversation. Brian smiled over his shoulder at Joe. He was always gonna love getting under his skin.

"But I'm not just making that up, it did happen?!" She shouted in the middle of the parking lot hopping up in down.

"Nope definitely happened." He replied with a huge smile still plastered to his face. This was happening a little bit more as the days passed by. Suddenly Skylar would stop whatever she was doing and remember something completely random.

"I miss you." She said.

"I miss you more. I'll call you later tonight once I'm outta these interviews." He said back.

"Bye baby." She said before ending the call.

Brian placed his phone back inside his pant pocket. It was funny how much his mood could shift just talking to her for two minutes.
_______________________________