Let's Say Goodbye

"Skylar I need you assisting Cha today." Pete said then quickly went around making sure stuff was set for the shoot today.

Skylar huffed to herself, if she was tagging with Cha today, that meant being around the Jokers, which in turn meant being around one that she wanted nothing to do with at the moment. She finished unpacking the audio equipment like she did every morning on set then went off to find Cha.

"Hey girl! Cha greeted a sleepy looking Skylar. "You look exhausted honey."

"Yeah didn't get much sleep last night." Skylar said trying her hardest to smile.

Cha winked at her, "Q got you up all night?" She laughed.

"Oh he definitely had me up all night." Skylar sighed.

Cha had someone talking in her ear through the radios that the crew used to communicate with so she didn't hear Skylar's response. Once she had answered the question over the walkie talkie she turned back to Skylar, "All I gotta say girl is keep up whatever you're doing. I've been working with Q for years and have never seen him so happy. Boy is walking on clouds now that you're in his life."

Skylar smiled at hearing that. Even though she was upset with him, it was nice to hear other people say how happy she made him.

"Speak of the devil." Cha said seeing Q walking towards them.

"Ladies." He smiled greeting them. "Cha can you give us a second?" He asked kissing her on the cheek.

"You guys gonna dirty talk?" She laughed.

"Yeah, you wanna stick around and listen?" He joked back.

"Thanks I'm good." She said sticking out her tongue as she walked away. "Sky, I'll be over at the production van. Come find me when you're done with your man!" She called behind her.

When Cha was out of ear shot, Brian's smile dropped and looked at Skylar, "You seriously shut your phone off last night, that's real fucking childish Skylar."

"Didn't have anything to say last night." She responded shrugging her shoulders.

Brian let out an exhausted sigh, "You have anything to say today?" He snapped.

"Not really, I'm not the one that acted like an asshole last night, that was you!" You snapped back.

"Asshole?!" Brian exclaimed causing crew members they were around to look in their direction. He decided he obviously needed to quiet down. "Look I feel bad that I didn't leave right away and come back to your place as planned but I was already there, Murray saw me, how was I to explain I was there?" He said much quieter. "It was either stay for a little while or tell him the truth." He added his eyes growing large at the obvious choice.

"Brian I'm not a bitch, I'm not mad that you stayed for your friend's party." She barked.

"No you're mad I got a lap dance, which if you ask me is pretty fucking hypocritical don't you think?" He whispered but in a very harsh tone.

She refused to cry in front of him, she did that enough last night so before speaking Skylar swallowed the large lump in her throat. "It's not even the lap dance Brian, it's who you got the lap dance from that bothers me."

"Melrose?" Brian questioned.

Skylar could tell they were still being watched by other members of the crew so she gestured with her head to follow her to an empty spot behind a bunch of equipment. "It's not like she's just some random girl, you guys have done things together."

"Yeah, with you there!" Brian exclaimed in complete frustration, "And if I remember correctly that second time was a hundred percent your idea. This isn't fair Skylar!"