Closure

Life was starting to slowly get back to normal. It had been a little over 2 weeks since Brian got discharged and with the network breathing down their throat to get a certain amount of episodes to them he had to go back to work rather quickly.

His wound had healed nicely and although he was still sore a lot of the time, he worked through the pain. Skylar was also back on the IJ staff, only this time she was getting paid since she technically couldn't be an intern since she wasn't in school at the moment. It had actually been Joe's idea and he managed to get her a pretty well paying position as a production assistant. Having interned on the show for the last 6 months gave her the knowledge to be able to slide into the position.

They were back on set and everything was just as it was supposed to be. The one thing that Skylar wanted more than anything was to be treated just as she always had. Obviously everyone on the crew knew about her past now, shortly after his arrest Rocco's name was released along with what the fact that he was the sole owner of a strip club. Didn't take long for people to piece two and two together that Skylar was in fact a dancer there. Detective Lewis was also right when he said the media would pick this story up quickly because Q from Impractical Jokers was tied to this. It was rough when news hit but for the very first Skylar decided to not be embarrassed of her past. In fact with the help of Brian, she learned to be proud of the fact that she did what she had to do to support herself. At the same time though she was happy that this chapter was over and that she had a job that she was happy for people to know about.

The Jokers were in the middle of a break so she wasn't needed for the time being. Today they were shooting at a restaurant and the guys were all playing waiters and had to get guests to order some very bizarre specials. Murr and Sal already went but people were starting to get specious that something was going on so they had to shut it down for at least an hour while diners cleared out and new people entered.

Skylar made herself a plate of food and disappeared upstairs to an empty function room the restaurant manager said they were welcomed to use. It was more convenient to set up downstairs in the basement since it was closer to the production trucks so that's where mostly everyone was.

She sat down at one of the empty tables and pulled out her laptop to begin a little research. Skylar pulled up a website and scrolled through trying to decide which place to call.

"There you are." A strong voice came from the hallways.

Skylar quickly shut her laptop when she heard her boyfriend's voice. She smiled leaning into his kiss. "Hi baby."

"What you doing up here by yourself?" He asked.

"Just having a bite to eat." She answered raising her plate of salad and pasta.

"And searching the web." Brian added pointing to her computer that he noticed she closed awfully quickly. Ever since Rocco's arrest became public a lot of people online were writing nasty things about Skylar. She said it didn't bother her but he would catch her from time to time reading them. "What I tell you about this garbage?" Brian said sternly lifting the top of the computer to see what it was this time.

However Brian was a little surprised when he saw something else on the screen, "Whats this?" He asked.

Skylar shrugged her shoulders at the real estate website that had listings to different apartments around New York. "Got a call from the police station earlier saying my apartment was no longer a crime scene and I could move back in whenever I wanted but the truth is I can't imagine going back there after the attack so time to find a new place. Figured new job, might as well have a new apartment too."

"I don't understand why you want another place, what's wrong with mine?" Brian asked.

Skylar gave him a blank stare, even though he never insinuated that he wanted her to leave she figured he must be wondering when he was getting his own space back. "Nothing's wrong with your place, I love your place." She answered, "It's just the only reason I was staying there in the first place was because my place wasn't safe with Rocco breaking in. Then I stayed with you cuz I lost my memory, then you got hurt." She couldn't help but laugh at this conversation. All the stuff that had happened in a short amount of time was insane. "I guess I was thinking things should get back to normal and I should start with finding a new apartment."