Fixes Bridges and Building New Ones

Work on the IJ set was becoming a little too unbearable for everyone on the crew and especially for Murr and Sal. With them mostly having to be the middle men for Joe and Q, they were at their wits end with them both. Working together on the show was awkward, touring together for live shows was even worse. Joe wouldn't go out to restaurants with Q, sit next to Q on planes or buses, and would barely interact with him during interviews. Murr and Sal were very torn and didn't want to be accused of picking sides so they had no choice but to stay out of it. The show was suffering for over 2 weeks now and no one could see any sort of light at the end of this tunnel.

Writers were doing their best to somehow work around two of the show's stars literally not speaking but they were becoming frustrated as well. Finally Murr had an idea, in a couple days they would be filming one of their powerpoint presentation challenges where the guys pair up. It was originally supposed to be Sal and Joe against Murr and Q but it was decided to switch it up and stick Joe and Q together as partners.

Once it was announced at their Monday meeting Joe simply shook his head and left the room. Q couldn't believe things had gotten so bad. "You have a problem with this too?" one of their executive producers snapped.

"Nah, I have no issue. Just getting a little sick and tired of being treated like a piece of shit." Q answered getting up and heading to his office.

Few hours later, Q finally mustered up the courage to find Joe. There was no getting out of working together on this powerpoint, the challenge was in a couple days. Joe's door was open so Q knocked on the wall outside. Joe looked up from his computer screen and grumbled when he saw who his visitor was, "Yeah whatta you want?"

"Whatta I want?" Q responded in an annoyed thick New York accent, "Are you really gonna treat me like this forever? Its been weeks for Christ Sakes!"

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't know I had a time limit on how long I'm supposed to be upset when my best friend betrays me!" He snapped.

Q rolled his eyes, "I should have told you but you know you are not in control of what Skylar does, she is her own person that makes her own decisions. An adult!" He barked trying to get the point across that she wasn't a child.

"All I gotta do is wait." Joe said smugly, "Wait for you to fuck this up and then she will see I was right the whole time."

Q was taken aback by this comment, it wasn't about her age or the fact that she was Bessy's cousin, "Oh wow, you really do think I'm this huge fucking scumbag don't you?! I'm incapable of caring about someone and maybe actually having a normal relationship with a woman." People walking by and in neighboring offices were starting to get concerned at Q raising his voice. These past weeks, the environment at work was like a ticking time bomb and everyone was thinking it was finally the time it was going to explode. "I just came by to see if you wanted to start this presentation but fuck it. I don't think I wanna be around someone who thinks so little of me!" Before he left he turned around to say one more thing, "Ya know...for years you always told me I was too hard on myself and deserved to be happy. Guess you were full of shit." He said and walked out.

Joe had sat in his office for a few minutes. Q's last words were repeating over and over in his head. He did deserve happiness but it was the idea of who it was with that bothered him. After thinking for sometime he picked up his phone and dialed the one person that was going to be straight with him.

"Hey babe." He said to his wife when she answered.

"Hi honey." Bessy greeted. "How's your day?" She was getting awfully worried about her husband. He was taking it very hard and hadn't been himself since he found out about Skylar and Q that night.