Special Deliveries

"Alright, thanks for letting us know. Talk to you later buddy. Bye." Brian said into his phone then hung up.

"Was that Detective Lewis?" Skylar asked stepping out of the shower wrapping a towel around herself.

"Yeah." He sighed.

"Did they find Rocco?" She asked.

"When he went to the club to question him, he was told Rocco took a leave of absence and they don't know when he'll be back. He handed over all day to day operations to his assistant manager." Brian explained.

"Can't they just find out where he lives and go to his house?" Skylar asked. "I mean he broke into my apartment, they're gonna just let him off the hook?!" Her anger was now building.

"They went to his apartment in Manhattan. He's not there either babe. They talked to the doorman who said Rocco mentioned he would be out of town for awhile and to hold all his mail. He's off the grid completely." He went out explaining his conversation with the detective.

For the first time since all of this happened, Skylar was genuinely frightened. Up until this point she didn't think Rocco would hurt her but for him to abandon his business and home, it didn't seem like he was in the right state of mind.

"Baby, He is anything but off the hook. They are gonna find him. And now with him hiding like this, it's not helping his case." Brian tried assuring her, pulling her onto his lap.

"I just don't understand why he's doing this." Skylar whispered into his neck.

"Cause he's a fucking asshole who didn't get his way when you quit. And obviously has a thing for you." Brian said with a pissed off tone. "Jealousy can make people do crazy things."
He saw the fright still plastered on his girl's face. "Hey." He said tipped her chin up to look at him, "I don't know what his plan is and it may be nothing but to just fuck with you for a little bit, but I'm not gonna let anything bad happen to you."

"Can't be with me all the time." She answered nervously.

"What have I always said?" He asked.

Skylar smiled knowing what he was talking about, something he had always said to her early on, "That you wanna take care of me."

"Then let me." Brian said kissing her temple.
________________________________
Later in the afternoon after filming a challenge at a nearby deli, some of the crew went back with the Jokers to start talking about an upcoming TV special they would be filming next month. Skylar went back to the offices with everyone to take notes and help wherever she could. Brian was particularly relieved since he didn't want Skylar out of his sight for long.

Their relationship was becoming somewhat old news to everyone so it wasn't a shock anymore seeing them together. However when they were in work mode, Skylar liked to keep her distance and be as professional as possible, so much to Q's dismay she chose a seat in the office the furtherest from him.

He gave her a pouting look with his brown puppy dog eyes and Skylar had to hold in her giggle and when no one was paying attention blew him a kiss. Which he graciously accepted with a wink back.

He pulled out his phone while one of the comedy producers was explaining an idea he had and sent a quick text.

If you turn a little bit to the left and uncross your legs, I could see up that cute little dress.

Skylar felt her phone vibrate and discreetly opened her text. She smiled as she read it but refused to make eye contact in fear of bringing too much attention to them. Half listening to what was being said in the meeting, she typed a response back.