Never at Peace for Long

Skylar poked her head into the conference room, "I'm gonna head out if you guys are all set for the night." She said to the Jokers and a couple comedy producers who were having a late meeting.

"Have a good night!" Murr called out.

"Bessy wants to know if you're coming to Milana's little dance recital on Saturday?" Joe asked.

"I wouldn't miss it!" She smiled. "Tell her to text me the address so I have it."

Q suddenly rose from his chair and placed his hand on the small of her back, "I'll walk you downstairs." He said kissing the top of her head.

Even a couple weeks ago seeing Q kiss Skylar would have made his stomach turn and his blood boil but he was finally starting to get more comfortable with the idea. After all he had never seen either of them happier, so maybe this wasn't a disaster.

As Q and Skylar walked down the hall they heard Casey, one of the producers, yell after them, "Hey I wanna get outta here soon, no making out you guys!"

As they waited for the doors of the elevator to open Skylar leaned into his body closing her eyes. She could honestly say at this point in her life she was at such peace. Q reached under her shirt gently rubbing her back. "You gonna do it tonight?" He whispered in case anyone walked by.

"Told you I am." She answered.

"I know just making sure you didn't change your mind, that's all." Brian replied. The fact that Skylar was actually going through with quitting Sapphire had him in the best mood. With graduation only a few months away, she had started applying at production companies and news stations and with any luck would be getting some callbacks.

The door dinged open and Q placed his arm out to hold the door as Skylar hopped on. Now that they were alone in the elevator she felt a more comfortable talking about the subject. "It's time. You're right, I'm not happy and can be so much more especially after I graduate." She assured him then placed her arms around his neck. "Don't worry, I'm not changing my mind baby." She said as she stood on her tiptoes and rubbed her nose against his.

"And if you get a little short with cash, you'll tell me right?" Brian said reminding her of what they talked about a couple days ago. He was more than happy to help her if it meant getting her to stop taking her clothes off for other men.

"Yes Brian." She sighed. "I hate the idea but yes, I'll let you know." The doors slid open and Skylar stepped off followed closely by Q. He quickly pulled her back and wrapped her tightly in his arms.

"Say it." She giggled.

"Love you." He smiled at her. They haven't been saying it that long but telling her that he loved her felt like the absolute most natural thing in the world.

"I love you." She repeated kissing his soft lips. The cold New York winter wind hit them like a ton of bricks when someone opened the door. "I gotta go." She whispered against his mouth.

With her opening her mouth it gave him the perfect opportunity to slip his tongue inside and tease hers a bit. "Mmm.." she moaned into his kisses, "You're not being fair, you know I gotta go."

"You're quitting, who cares you can be late." He responded not stopping his assault on her mouth.

Skylar finally came to her senses and pushed him back against the wall, "Sucha bad influence Quinn!" She laughed.

Realizing he wasn't getting anything more from his girlfriend at the moment he slapped her ass as she turned around, "Get going then!"

Skylar reactively grabbed her cheek to soothe the sting but bit her lip looking at her man with a naughty look in her eyes. "That looks not gonna get me to back off, you should know that by now." He growled.