Not Thinking Clearly

"Give me a break!" Q said banging against the vending machine that just ate his money. "Come on!" He exclaimed continuing to smack the glass.

"Q?" Joe said coming up from behind him.

"Fucking piece of shit won't give me what I paid for!" He explained giving it one final kick.

"Bessy was out of line." Joe simply stated. "She's trying to do what she thinks is best for Skylar."

"I don't even care anymore." He said turning and leaving the cafeteria.

Joe didn't stop him and just watched his heartbroken best friend walk away. He rested his head against the wall letting out a loud groan. Couldn't this guy be happy for once?
________________________________
Sal had gotten the call from Joe and knew he had to find Q. The way Joe has described him, he was in pretty rough shape. After going by Q's house and seeing the empty driveway, he knew right away he was out making some kind of stupid decision. He had to find him and fast.
________________________________
Q had been hanging at this local bar down the street from his house that could only be described as a rathole. He was about 5 Jamesons in and was working on forgetting everything that was happening. There was a sexy looking girl a few seats down who he noticed had been checking him out for the last hour. He downed the last of his glass and decided to see what her story was.

"Can I get you another drink?" He asked the skinny redhead that was covered in tattoos. Before Skylar, this was the type of girl he always went for, he always had a thing for a girl with a full sleeve, to him it showed she wasn't afraid of a little pain.

"Was wondering when you would finally come over." She said in a silky voice.

He smiled at the comment, this girl certainly wasn't afraid of being too forward. He could work with this tonight.

"Brian, but my friends call me Q." He introduced himself.

"Vikki." She replied.

"Listen, I'm just gonna be straight with ya, I'm not looking for anything but a good time and you're pretty hot." He announced taking the stool next to her.

"You're pretty hot yourself and fun sounds perfect to me." She smiled as she reached under the bar grabbing his pants feeling a semi hardness starting to grow.

Brian closed his eyes in pleasure letting out a soft growl. "My place isn't far at all, wanna get outta here?"

"Pay the bill." She whispered against his ear biting down on his lobe.
________________________________
"Did you find him?" Joe said into his phone.

"Dude I've been to every bar on Staten Island, unless he went over the bridge into Manhattan, I'm outta ideas." Sal sighed. "I've called Bryan Johnson figuring maybe he heard from him but he hasn't."

"Thanks for trying man. Just gonna have to trust that he's alright and will come back soon. Skylar has been asking a lot of questions about him." Joe explained.

"Thought she didn't remember him?" Sal asked as he waited at a red light.

"She doesn't, but Bessy thinks she feels some kind of connection to him. One of the nurses said even if someone doesn't remember certain people, their subconscious can take over and make them still feel emotions...I don't know this whole thing is one big fucking mess." Joe said.

"I feel bad for everyone, especially Q...wherever the fuck he is." Sal said rolling his eyes. He must have called his phone 100 times but it just kept going to voicemail.

"You don't think he's doing something stupid do you?" Joe asked.

"I fucking hope not!" Sal exclaimed, "But you know how he gets, he doesn't think when he's emotional like this. I'm gonna take another drive by his house, maybe he's there now."