Awake

These dreams weren't stopping. No matter how hard Skylar tried to wake herself up, everything continued to grow dark and she would lose herself again. Few minutes later she felt herself coming to again but not being able to move or say anything, it was becoming incredibly frustrating. She felt like she was in a giant ditch and couldn't crawl out. Each dream was becoming more scrabbled then the next. She felt the darkness come on again but this time decided to stop fighting and just let it happen.
______________________________
15 long hours and Brian, Bessy, and Joe sat in that hospital room with no changes. When Bessy and Joe had come back so many hours before, they looked on as Brian continued to hold her hand and tell her over and over again how much he loved her. They knew she felt the same way. Sometimes they would talk and other times they sat in silence but for 15 hours Brian had not moved from that chair.

"We're gonna grab some food from the cafeteria." Joe announced getting up. "What can I bring you back?"

"Nothing, I'm good." Brian answered.

"Dude you gotta eat something. You're gonna be no good to her starving yourself." Joe tried to persuade.

"I'm not starving myself Joe, I'm just not hungry." Brian snapped.

"I'll bring you back something in case you change your mind." Joe said then followed Bessy out who was calling Joe's sister who had Milana.

"Come on Baby." Brian whispered softly stroking her cheek then lifting her hand up to kiss over and over again. "Wake up please wake up." As he held her hand he felt her fingers begin to move and then a small squeeze. This was the first time she had even moved, he smiled at the progress. She was coming back to him.
_______________________________
Exhausted didn't even explain what Brian was. After trying to stay awake he laid his head down against the hospital bed mattress. He hadn't let go of her hand so when he felt her begin to move more his eyes shot open. Skylar's eyes fluttered open and very slowly she looked around the room taking in her surroundings.

"Skylar." Brian sighed happily, "Baby I'm right here." He said kissing her hand feeling like he could cry. Noticing the look of confusion on her face he started to explain that she was in the hospital but was going to be okay.

She immediately jerked her hand back which made him squint his eyes not understanding until he remembered their fight. "Baby I know you are probably upset and you have every right to be..."

Skylar went to open her mouth to speak but no sound came out at first. After clearing her throat a few times she was able to form a small sentence, "Who are you?"

"Who am I?!" Brian asked, "Listen I know we had a fight and I'm sorry but can we just get you outta here and then talk about all that? I'm sorry I lost my temper and let you go home."

Between her massive headache and the pain coming from the side of her body, Skylar could barely think at the moment but she needed to figure out what was going on. "Listen I don't know who you are and how you know my name but can you get a doctor or something?"

"Skylar, what are you talking about? It's me, Brian!" He said louder.

"I have a really big headache can you not yell like that." She then had a sense of relief flood over her when she finally saw a familiar face. "Bes!" Skylar cried out seeing her cousin. Maybe she could explain who this weird guy was in her room.

"You're awake!" Bessy exclaimed pulling her in for a hug.

Brian stood to the side completely confused on why Skylar was saying she didn't know who he was, was she really that mad at him she was going to pretend he didn't even exist?

"Hey Joey." Skylar smiled when she saw her cousin's husband enter the room.

"Sure gave us a scare kid." Joe said giving her a kiss on the temple. "How ya feeling?"