Quick Release

"You about ready to get out of here?" Dr. Jeffrey asked with a smile.

"Is that a trick question?!" Skylar exclaimed, "Of course!"

Brian, Joe, and Bessy were certainly just as happy at the thought of not having to spend their days in a hospital room anymore either. It had been 5 days since the attack and after countless tests, Skylar was deemed safe to be discharged as long as she was to be under supervision for the next couple days especially with her ribs still trying to heal.

A nurse was going over a ton of stuff she should avoid such as alcohol, amusement park rides, hot showers that lasted more than a few minutes, and if she felt dizzy to immediately sit down because any further damage to the head could be detrimental. Skylar couldn't help but feel like a child all over again being told all the things she couldn't do. Even though they had it all written down for Skylar, Bessy was busy taking notes making sure she didn't miss anything.

"Once I get everything in the computer, you will be discharged. Should be within a couple hours." Dr. Jeffrey said as a nurse worked on getting all of Skylar's IVs disconnected. She moved her hand a couple times loving the freedom from wires and tape. "Any questions, please call us. You've been through a lot Skylar, take it slow." Dr. Jeffrey smiled at his patient.

"Thank you so much." Skylar said with a smile just as bright. "I just can't wait to go outside." She laughed.

Once the doctor had left, Bessy jumped into action making sure Skylar's bags were together. "Alright so the guest room is all set up for you at home. Milana is gonna spend one more night with Joe's sister, that way you have some quiet and..."

"I think I'm gonna go back to Brian's house." Skylar interrupted.

"What?" Joe and Bessy said in unison.

"Really?" Brian looked up from where he was sitting. "Seriously?"

"I mean...if you don't mind." She said stammering over her words a bit. It was something she couldn't explain but ever since he had come back to the hospital a few days ago, she had these weird butterflies in her stomach. But aside from that, whenever she would get frustrated for not remembering something about her own life, Brian was right by her side, telling her to take it easy and assuring her everything would be okay. She didn't know how someone who was a stranger to her, had such a calming effect on her.

She was starting to question her decision when the three of them were giving her odd looks. "It's just that was the last place I was staying right?" She asked. "Feel like maybe if I'm somewhere familiar maybe it will spark something. I don't want to overstay my welcome though, so maybe I should just stay with you guys." She said turning to Bessy now a pretty embarrassed.

"No!" Brian exclaimed startling her. "Sorry." He laughed now realizing how loud he yelled.
"Skylar I would love for you to come stay with me."

"You sure?" She asked.

"Absolutely." He answered with a small smile, "Plus I think you're right, maybe being around familiar stuff before you lost your memory will help."

"Thank you." She sighed happily.

"Anytime baby." He said placing his hand on her cheek, however this time she leaned into his touch instead of shying away from it. This man had been nothing but amazing to her, and even though she didn't remember their time together, she just knew deep down it must have been amazing.

"Tell ya what, I'm gonna fly home and clean up a bit." He then reached over grabbing her bags, "I should just take these now and think you guys can drop her off once she's discharged?" He asked turning to Joe.