One

[August 22, 2018]

It was the day Taehyung first saw you. The rain was pouring hard and he had to find some shelter since he didn't brought his car nor his motorcycle, and he didn't want to come home soaking wet. He ran to the nearest spot where there is a roof that can cover him.

And there was you at the same spot. You were quiet. You listened to the sound of the rain. Every drop it does. You liked how there was rain. Waiting for your service in a sunny day was boring because there was nothing for you to listen to. But with rain, you can be aware of everything. Although some say that it was annoying and loud, for you it was a beat.

A beat and a guidance for someone like you.

You heard the footsteps. You shift on your sit a bit. Of course, it scares you almost everytime when you hear a footstep. You dont know if that person who's coming was bad or good. You dont know what was the person's intention. So you listened carefully, you know that it wasn't from anyone you know. No, you memorized how your close friends' footsteps sounded like.

It came with a speed. Heavy and fast. Then it stopped. You heard someone huff. A hint of low voice vibrates. You shiver at the voice and you didn't know why. You fixed your shades and face the opposite side where the sound came from.

"Aish, my clothes are wet." The voice was deep. Obviously a man was there standing next to you. You stiffened. Is he a bad guy? Will he hurt you or maybe take advantage of you?

You dont know and you dont want to imagine it either.

You bite down your bottom lip as you feel your anxiety surface. You dont know how much you can stay on that position. And you know that if he moves a step you will cry like a baby.

And as you feel your blood pumping, you didn't hear Taehyung shift in his foot. He sits comfortably next to you. And as you bite down your lips, you didn't know that he was looking at you.

Taehyung was there, wide eyed and mouth a bit open. He was staring and wondering for a moment if you are some high class lady because of your shades. In his mind plays a typical drama that has a sassy girl that would probably annoy the hell out of him. His eyebrows furrowed, no, he didn't like the impression of you having a shade.

He crossed his arms and just focused on the rain. He didn't want to initiate a conversation with someone like you. He thought that you would only be like the other girls in your school. The girls that only likes him for his bad boy image.

Didn't care if he was good for them. He thought about you as another brainless platic doll. Although, it didn't fit your style.

A lightning strikes and a thunder follows. You shook a bit in your seat, your ears wasn't prepared for the loud noise. You were worried about your Dad that was driving under the heavy rain. You hung your head low and silently prayed.

Then you heard the stranger next to you mumble something. "Oh look, the rain's getting worse. Great." The sarcasm doesn't overcome his deep voice and you know he wasnt talking to you. Of course, who would dare talk to you? You cant even look at them when they are talking.

You hold tight on your bag. You could only imagine an old hag sitting right next to you. His clothes torned in some areas, his face covered in dirt, his hair freezy and god! You dont even want to imagine what kind of teeth he has!

But you shook your thoughts away because your sense of smell doesn't agree with your imagination. Instead, you smell a hint of lavander under the musky smell. Soft but manly. He smelled like a clean man.

15 minutes pass by, and you hear a car engine near you. You stood in your feet as you hear that same familiar sound. It was your family's car. You cant be wrong.

Then you hear the car being unlocked and door being open. You hear an umbrella being open then a series of footsteps that belongs to your father.

He rushed to you, "Sorry Im a bit late, princess." He welcomes you with his warm tone and a simple hug.

You cling to him a bit longer, your nerves finally relaxing. "Its okay, Dad." You whisper.

"Let's get you home?" And you swore you can hear your father's smile as you smile back. His hand goes to your shoulder as he kept you close to his body to cover you with the umbrella he brought.

And then you were off. And Taehyung was left there, alone and waiting for the rain to stop. Not even bothering to look at you before you close the door of your car.