Forty

[December 5, 2018]

"Have you found one yet?" You asked your Dad as you tied your shoe laces.

Your hair tied as your bag slung at you back. Your skirt ends just a few inches above your knee and your sweater's sleeves hides you hands. You stood up as soon as you finish tying your shoes.

Your father stood next to you as he wait for you to get ready to leave the house.

"I'm sorry princess, but there was no donor. There was just so many on the list although your name was on it." He said.

"I'm so sorry." Your father held your hand then he squeezes it.

You were disappointed. You felt yourself feeling down and heavy all of a sudden. You felt like you can't smile for a day. But you heard frustration in your father's voice. Stress must be all over his face, so you tried to conceal all the disappointment with a smile.

"Its okay, Dad." You said and you father caressed your cheeks as he looked at you sadly.

You got out of your Dad's car and the red headed boy approaches you. Smiling widely even though there were still dark circles underneath his eyes that was even getting larger each night that passes. He was even getting thinner as he wouldn't eat properly and stress was the only thing that was served on his plate.

"Morning." He said as he took your bag.

You grip your bag tight. Face blank, you don't dare to smile or even greet him back. You were unhappy. Upset, maybe. And having Taehyung by your side, which is the one who always hoped for you to see made you even more upset.

You don't want to be with him. Not anymore. You don't want him to be disappointed. He got problems to deal with, you can't add up to that.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked you, eyes worried as he still grip your bag.

You shook your head. "Nothing. Can I have Jungkook instead of you today?" You tried not to sound rude but you can't help it. Your mind wasn't functioning well.

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" He asked you, eating the distance between the two of you with one step.

You pull back your back and his grip loosen. You sling it back. "I said its nothing." You said through your teeth.

"Then why are you doing this? Why have Jungkook when I'm here?" He asked.

His eyes couldn't focus properly, he was panicking. Was it happening again? Will he lose you again? No. No, he can't lose you. Not when everything is hard for him.

"Not now, Taehyung. I'm not in the mood." You start to walk with your stick in hand.

But Taehyung stopped you, gripping your wrist. "Let's talk about this. Please. I don't understand. What is happening?" He asked, confusion in his eyes.

You face the other side. You don't want him to look at your face. Your eyes that is now starting to water. You hate how weak you are. You hated it. Even though it was Kim Taehyung that was in front of you, at times like this you just wished that you were strong enough.

You felt Taehyung's hand wrap around your arm. "Please, talk to me." He pleads.

You turn to hin harshly, "Why are you doing this?"

His grip loosen from the shock he felt when you burst. He didn't expected you to burst all of a sudden. Is this how badly you don't want to talk to him?

"Doing what?" He asked stupidly.

"This!" Your voice starts to become louder. "You make me feel things I shouldn't feel."

And that's when he saw it, he saw your tears forming around the corners of your eyes.

"Kim Taehyung, I'm blind and there's nothing much I can offer so stop playing with me." Your voice shakes as you speak.

"Who says I'm playing with you?" He said as he step closer to you, enveloping you once again with his arms.

He let your head rest on his chest as you let your tears fall. Although he was tired of everything, of his problems, he can't seem to get tired of you. So even though he feels like giving up, he will always comfort you, understand you and fix everything between you.

He guessed that's just how it is. That's how you are to him now. You will make him soft and melt, even though he wants to be as hard as a stone. This is your power over the red headed boy.

And he doesn't know if he will love it or not. But he chose to love it as he heard you sob.

"There's no donor." You sob. "Kim Taehyung, the possibilities of me seeing you is not a chance that is always there." Your lips tremble.

"You will see again, I promise you." He sighed as he heard your whimper.

Kim Taehyung wasn't the red headed boy that brings trouble to the guys and sexual tension to the girls, he was the guy that made you hold on to everything. He was your hope.

"What am I gonna do with you, woman?" He whispered as he kiss your hair.

"Stay with me." You mumbled, cheeks wet from tears.

"I wont leave you, I promise. No matter what. I will always, always assure you that I will never leave you. Not until you say so." He sighed.

You sniff. "Stay with me even if I stay blind forever."

__________________________________________________________________________________________