Four

[September 15, 2018]

This past few days, Taehyung has been going home with bruises on his face. Trouble seems to chase him but he knows all too well, he is the trouble. And his mother was getting worried about him, she knew that Taehyung was getting into fights but not this frequently.

And Taehyung didn't like that. If he had one thing he cherish and adore so much, it would be his mother. His mother was always with him through the years as his father was a producer in some big entertainment company and a manager of a popular boy group that flies around the world, so he grew up not that close to his father.

And because of his father's reputation, Taehyung had a bit of a title, he was protected with his father's name and the wealth became his shield to everything. He was famous with it and some hate it and love that fact.

What can be better than a handsome face and a wealthy family? Every girl loves him! Or maybe what he has. And he was sick of it, so eventually he found his self being distant to everybody. He never tried to befriend someone because he only thought of them as an enemy that would stab his back.

"Here." His mother sat on the couch next to him and she handed Taehyung an ice pack.

Taehyung stared at her mother. He always loved his mother's eyes. He felt at home just by staring onto that light brown orbs. Taehyung smiled lightly at his mother, his eyes soft.

"Are you okay? Tell me about your day." His mother pretended like nothing was happening to him and he liked it that way. Taehyung didn't want to tell his mother what was troubling him.

So he laid his head on his mother's lap. "Nothing much." He said as he put the ice pack on his bruise. He hissed at the pain and coldness.

"You know that I support you in everything, right?" His mother said softly as she caressed his red hair softly.

Taehyung nodded and stared cutely at his mother. "Then don't let them do this to you. Don't let them hurt you. I don't want to see my baby hurt." Her voice cracks and Taehyung slowly get up from her lap.

"Mom, I'm a strong man. I am not hurt. They can't hurt me." He said as he hug his mother. He doesn't want to see his mom cry because of his bruises. He doesn't want his mother to cry because of him.

"Dad, I'm a strong girl. I am not hurt. They can't hurt me." You smiled as you put down your fork. You sit there at your table as you eat your dinner with your father sitting across you.

"Uhuh? Is that why your shades broken? Because of your super strength?" Your father said playfully and you giggled and nodded in series.

"And to be honest, I don't really think that shades suit my face." You whispered in silence as you leaned forward like you were telling a gossip to your father.

"Oh honey, everything suits you." You smiled at that.

"You only say that because I'm your daughter." And your father chuckled. He chuckled even though he knows what really happened to your glasses. You were a delicate woman, you can never break your shades. But he pretended that he believed your lie. But he was hurting for you, he was hurting for his daughter.

"So how's your day, Dad? Any difficult cases?" You smiled at him even though you were not sure if you are looking at the right direction.

"Yup. There was this case that is killing me. The documents were piled up and we had to dig deeper because the case became larger by time." He sounded frustrated. You imagined your father being stressed out, his hands at the back of his neck while his eyebrows met with each other.

"Its okay, Dad. I'm sure you can do it." You said, encouraging him. You always see the bright side of life despite the lost of sight. And your father cherish you for that.

Your parents were both a prosecutor before and eventually they became lawyers and owned a law firm under their name. But then your dad was left to manage all of it when your mother died because of an accident that also caused you to lose your eyesight.

And it wasn't easy for you. The last moments of your mother in this world was the moment you could not witness. You don't see a glimpse of her beauty for the last time. You didn't have the chance to see how peaceful she is on her wake. You could not even make it in her wake because you were in the hospital for your recovery and your doctor doesn't recommend you to attend her wake because of your breakdowns that was in series.

That's why you cherish your father so much. It's been five years since he lost your mother and he's been taking care of you since then. He was patient with you even though sometimes it was even hard for him.

He didn't want this. Your father didn't want this kind of life, but you were everything for him. You are what is left of him. He needs to keep you safe, he will do it for the rest of his life. You are his world now, his galaxy even.

You heard a knock on your door. Three consecutive knocks and you smiled. "Jungkook!" You screamed.

You father laughed at you and let you neighbor slash friend in your house.

Jungkook sees you smiling by yourself as you wait for him to come closer. And when he doesn't, you spoke, "Come closer."

And he does. He stood next to your side, facing you. You also face your right side where he always stands. You brought your hands up his face and caressed it for multiple times.

"I'm still guessing what you look like, you know." You smiled at him as you brought down your hands.

"Yeah. And thank God for making you blind before you met me, because I swear you would've fallen in love with me." He said cockily and you nudged him.

But you know you wouldn't, because your heart was only getting ready to fall for someone that was coming into your life.