Twenty

[October 23, 2018]

"Taehyung is back at it again." Jungkook sighed as he sat down next to you on some bench as you finish your lunch and decided to hang out a bit.

Your forehead crinkled when you heard Taehyung's name and Jungkook's frustrated voice. He sounded like he was stressed with something.

"Back at what?" You ask.

The black headed boy face you. "Back at proving that trouble is his middle name." He said as he doesn't want to throw it at you so bluntly.

He wanted to make you remain as soft as possible. He will make sure that your innocence and purity wont be damaged as he let you hear his problems, especially when its about Taehyung.

One of the reasons why at first he didn't like the red headed boy next beside you because he doesn't want you stained with the red headed boy's trouble and excess baggages. He knew that Taehyung was more awake with what's happening to the world and Jungkook doesn't want to let you know how cruel the world is. He feared what it will bring you.

"You don't smile anymore." Jungkook muttered that made you stiffen.

It was true. Ever since you and Taehyung were apart form each other, you couldn't smile anymore. At least not the way when he's around.

That kind of smile that shouts joy only happens when Taehyung is around and next beside you. Just like how only you can bring him to smile. A smile full of sincerity.

"Why did you make him stay away from you when clearly, you are happy with him?" Jungkook has been wanting to ask you that since yesterday but you're mind was floating so he didn't get the chance to.

"I had to protect someone." You lower your head as you remember Rhea's threat.

You were afraid to what will happen if you don't comply to what she said. You were afraid of what she can do and what power she holds.

And Jungkook heard the pain in your voice. The sorrow that overflows. His blood boiled as he heard it. He didn't want you like this. "Who?" His voice stern and cold.

And you felt the shiver running down your spine as you heard Jungkook's voice. It was a tone you haven't heard before. For the first time since you met the black haired boy, you were scared of him. Of what he was capable of as his voice made you feel danger.

"You." You whimpered that made Jungkook soft.

He stared at you with soft eyes, his heart tender as he came to know that you wanted to protect him. He felt how you were afraid of what will happen to him. He felt the pain, sorrow, and fear you've been trying to contain.

He sighed. "You shine the most when he's with you. And I'd give my world just to see you like that again." He says as he tuck some strands of your hair to the back of your ears. "Don't worry too much about me, I'm a guy for pete's sake." He rolled his eyes.

It was true. And you know that Jungkook can handle himself but Rhea had the support of the jocks in your school, you were afraid of what will happen if they gang up on Jungkook. You were afraid of having your bestfriend hurt.

"I swear this story isn't one sided." Jungkook whispered as his eyes met with the red headed boy's one, and Jungkook was too quiet to let you hear it.

And the red headed boy didn't care when he knows that Jungkook caught him staring at you. The red headed boy's eyes was filled with sorrow as he thought, you were the one with him having fun but now you're so far from his reach.

Jungkook shooks his head as he realized that your issue with Taehyung would be easy to fix but maybe Taehyung didn't know about it or maybe he did but the only thing that stayed on his mind was that you chose Jungkook over him. That he didn't matter to you.

"Don't you want to fix it with Taehyung?" Jungkook asked when he became frustrated seeing you and Taehyung being like this.

You shook your head. "He probably wont take me back anyways." You swallowed thickly as you felt your hopes fading.

"Trust me honey, he would want more than that." Jungkook said as he caressed your hair, his eyes wont leave the red headed's.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

For all those in Taehyung's team: are you ready to be shaken and threaten by the great Jimin?