Forty-Nine

[March 28, 2019]

"I want you to wear this after your operation." Mrs. Kim said, smiling widely as she hands you a white floral dress.

"My son would also want that." She said and you smiled as you felt the soft fabric on your palms.

"How did you know I'm getting my operation?" You said softly, your heart bubbles with happiness.

Mrs. Kim became silent for awhile, "Taehyung told me as soon as he heard the news. I'm really happy for you." She said as she smiled genuinely.

Today, you paid a visit to Kim's while waiting for the red headed boy to get ready before you go to his surprise. His mother welcomed you very warmly, his father was away today like any other day. And now she's giving you the clothes she bought from Melbourne that Taehyung mentioned.

Mrs. Kim was a very kind woman and a very loving mother too base on Taehyung's stories and you couldn't agree more. And now, she's a part of the list you wanted to see right after your surgery.

"Thank you for everything, Y/n." She whisper as she touch your hand with her warm and soft palms.

The red headed boy quickly ran down the stairs, eyes on the two most beautiful women he's ever seen. Hand sliding on the handrail, his feet clothed with shoes of his choice lumbers on the carpeted steps.

He watched you sit on their couch. Back straight as the sunlight kiss your hair, making you look like a real angel that just came down from heaven and is waiting for him to come down and walk to you. He was a sinner and you have come to change him.

"You should get going." Mrs. Kim said as she stood up, eyes glued to her only son with a smile on her face.

Taehyung kissed his mother on the cheek, inhaling her scent before saying, "I love you."

Taehyung lets his mother go, his hand reaching for yours as you bow to his mother, saying your goodbye.

The drive was a couple of hours away, silence filled the car but a little too comforting. Your breathing was in sync as Taehyung reach for your hand that rests on the top of your lap.

"I promise you'll love it." He said as he drew circles at the back of your hand with his thumb.

The engine stopped, the red headed boy got out of his car, running to your side, he then opened your door. Hand clutching yours as you step down from the vehicle.

The crashing of waves welcome you, the air a bit warm and briny. The grains of sand slowly eat the soles of your shoes. Your hair was blown by the wind, the silent afternoon was filled with the bird's tweeting. You inhale, taking it all in.

It was truly peaceful and you loved the sound of the waves. It was like the trouble that belonged to the great place like this. Like it was a hardship in every person, it will come and go and it will hit you when you don't expect it to, harder and stronger. And somehow, that's what it makes this place so lively. The crashing of waves and the rough wind. It was all put together perfectly.

It was like Taehyung in your life. He was trouble and he will remain the same but maybe he was the trouble that fits perfectly in your life. He was the trouble that makes your hardships easy. You didn't expect to meet him when you did and you certainly don't want him to come and go.

If anything, you wanted him to be the sand. The sand that is the safe place in this water that could probably drown you anytime. No, he was the sand. He was the dry shore. He was your safe place.

"How are you feeling now that you're getting your operation?" He asked you as the both of you sit down on the sea shore.

You take off your shoes and you feel the water hitting your toes. "I'm really excited for it. Every day that passes by I just feel my heart beat a little bit more faster than usual. Thank you for always hoping, Taehyung. Thank you for believing that I will see again." You said as you grinned.

It was true. Before, you didn't expect anything. You were a lifeless blind person. But now, everyday that you wake up its like there's hope getting bigger and bigger just outside your window.

He looked at you, a little too sad. "I want you to be the first person I will see after the surgery." You said as you turned to face him.

He smiled. His heart beat quickened. He cupped your face as he rest his forehead to yours. Eyes close as he inhale. "I only wish for this eyes to see again." He whispered.

You reach for his arm when you felt his breath becoming short. It was as if he was going to cry again.

You gulped, "And I only wish to see you." You whispered back before gently placing your lips to his.

You felt him stiffen. You heard him gulp as he let his lone tear fall. His lips quiver on to yours as he let his hand go to your nape finally kissing you back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The end is near. 2 or 3 chapters left before this book ends then I will post the Author's note then a couple of Special Chapters.

Guidelines for the chapters ahead: keep holding on and never lose hope.

-Love, Rosie.